Hand Saws

A saw that cuts on the push stroke almost always has a D handle, like the traditional carpentry saw, for safety of the hands I figure. Its pretty tough to cut your hands due to lost grip with a saw that cuts on the pull stroke.

I put new blades in my Zubat and Sugoi this week (thanks Tree Stuff!) Oh what a delight! Sometimes you don't realize how much of the edge was gone until you have a new blade.

Extra caution for fingers and forearms though...keep them out of the 'zone'!

It always amazes me...
I guess I feel it most when dead wooding though

Ichiban heavy duty anybody? I only say this cause I have used it like a dirtbag and it still does fine, not to mention the price...

I've been working with both Zubat and Sugoi this summer, been an education how much easier it is to cut the bigger stuff with the Sugoi, the Zubat is really good for the 2" and softer stuff, the Sugoi rips the bigger stuff with much less effort.
One on each hip, looks like I'm packing heat.

I was just noticing the big scar from where my thumb got sewn up from my Zubat gone wild. It sliced the thumb nail in half and sliced down to the joint.

Here stalks the Ninja saw warrior...be afraid, very afraid...:D

Attachments

• Ninja Saw warrior.jpg
    Ninja Saw warrior.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 44
I tried packing two handsaws, but I stopped. I prefer a curved blade, but I like a straight blade for finishing a topping cut. I attached the two scabbards together instead of hanging them separately.

People shouldn't joke around in a tree!!!

2dmcs5i.jpg

:evil:

Ichiban heavy duty anybody? I only say this cause I have used it like a dirtbag and it still does fine, not to mention the price...

The Ichiban and the Heavy Duty are 2 different saws. I have both. I would have to try a Silky to believe it will out cut the Ichiban. . I'm pretty rough on mine also and I've done over 100 trees with my first Ichiban. I'm going to try a 16" Ichiban but I really like the hook on the handle of the HD and Itchy. . 3" extra reach.would come in handy once in a while.

Back