GRCS storage.

Make yourself at home, Mike! So, what's your story? Are you an owner? Employee? You profile is kinda blank...

cheers buddy im from the uk just moved to edmonton canada .i work for davey at the moment but back home i was self employed working for companys that run contracts for network rail in london .i need to get used to this site and fill the profile !

I have mine stored in a double wide milk crate, it holds the winch+handle, the bollard, a dead eye sling, block, a longer trucker strap, and the winch bar. The mounting frame I just carry from the truck to the tree.
Nick, the shoulder strap is genius!

It's ok so far just a bit different than the uk . The grounds man aunt really important in the company but back home there looked at very important not just someone that drags brush !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have mine stored in a double wide milk crate, it holds the winch+handle, the bollard, a dead eye sling, block, a longer trucker strap, and the winch bar. The mounting frame I just carry from the truck to the tree.
Nick, the shoulder strap is genius!

That is exactly how we store it. The best part is that the milk crate has some saying on it about "Thou shall not steal" and then has some other bible quote printed on it. I am not sure where we got it, but it was probably stolen:evil:

I think all milk crates are stolen at some point, but the ones I have just show up every now and again.

A little off topic but I was thinking about getting a rolling lock box like contractors use. I figure I could keep most of my climbing, rigging gear, saws and ropes all in one. If a job takes longer than a day I could just roll it in customers garage if possible or even chain to the tree. Anyone do this?

I've seen people store their gear in one of those small covered trailers, but that's about it. I wouldn't do it unless I had absolutely no other way to pack/store my stuff.

I'd prefer to keep my sharp saws and the fuel in a seperate container than my fiber gear

I saw a milk crate on the side of the highway the other day, and stopped and picked it up. I already had two in the back. They're perfect for piling ropes, etc in without it all getting scrambled. I wallowed out a hole for the new one and found my 3-gallon water cooler fits right in. No more having stuff shift so the cooler won't go back in the truck. I actually haul way more than I need in general, but don't care to put stuff in and out.

A milk crate for the GRCS sounds like a good idea. I just don't carry mine unless I need it.

The GRCS is about the ONLY thing I don't haul everywhere I go. I keep the red bollard in the truck all the time, and the tool box has several port-a-wraps.

Back