Grapple Advice Needed Please

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 198
  • Views 23K
Yeah, I really could not imagine being without it. How are you enjoying your new truck?

I like the quote that Cory has from Dan Mayer. I do believe if your teetering on purchasing a large item that you should be a little nauseous, but if you have work and have all of your ducks in a row it will be ok. You have to push yourself out of your comfort zone to grow. I remember purchasing my first mink skid and being nervous about being able to afford it, and now it just keeps escalating to bigger things. You can't hesitate though. Life is too short to wait around for things to happen, you have to push yourself and do it.

Those pics: Just WOW.

Levi must be sweating bullets reading this:lol:

if you are purchasing a used truck I would contact Carl or Eric.

Levi, those guys I believe have bought and sold several trucks they had built for themselves, they've already been thru making the small mistakes and learning what is better when one specs a truck to build. So you would be buying a truck that is well spec'd and well cared for, which is exactly what you want and need.

Hey Nick, how many people in your company? Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alright a lot happened here, I'll have to catch up. For starters, who is Eric and how do I get ahold of him?

Yeah, I really could not imagine being without it. How are you enjoying your new truck?

I like the quote that Cory has from Dan Mayer. I do believe if your teetering on purchasing a large item that you should be a little nauseous, but if you have work and have all of your ducks in a row it will be ok. You have to push yourself out of your comfort zone to grow. I remember purchasing my first mink skid and being nervous about being able to afford it, and now it just keeps escalating to bigger things. You can't hesitate though. Life is too short to wait around for things to happen, you have to push yourself and do it.

I think the same thing, I would hate going back to the old way of doing tree work, grapples make life easy and enjoyable. We love our truck, my only problem is we need another one.

Levi, those guys I believe have bought and sold several trucks they had built for themselves, they've already been thru making the small mistakes and learning what is better when one specs a truck to build. So you would be buying a truck that is well spec'd and well cared for, which is exactly what you want and need.

Hey Nick, how many people in your company? Thanks.

Hey Cory! There is 6 of us right now, 4 guys who work in the field, one guy who runs my phones/sets up estimates/paperwork, and I give estimates/ do-it-all guy.

Nick, any issues with the weight on that truck?

I haven't had any problems, most loads we are under weight. When you haul only logs you have to worry about being over weight. I usually pull on the scales at the dump when I haul logs and I'm usually only a little bit over.

I did haul some concrete blocks a few weeks ago to make a mulch bin... lets just say I was pretty heavy:/::lol:

Here is a picture when I got it stuck pretty good. Another picture of a log I picked up (It was solid too). The last picture is helping unload some mulch off a overweight truck on the side of the highway.

Attachments

• Grapplestuck.jpg
    Grapplestuck.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Grappleliftinglog.jpg
    Grappleliftinglog.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 62
  • GrappleDOT.jpg
    GrappleDOT.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 62
Hey Cory! There is 6 of us right now, 4 guys who work in the field, one guy who runs my phones/sets up estimates/paperwork, and I give estimates/ do-it-all guy.

Thanks, Nick. Hella operation.

Any idea how much is being asked for the truck mentioned a few posts ago?

Thanks, Nick.

What are they new, $150k?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, and that's what they call the 'baby' grapple? How much for the papa?

Back