Got Some Steel DMM Biners Today

Gauge

TreeHouser
We ordered some steel DMM Ultra O biners and got them from TS yesterday I think. Man o man these things are slick. I am not saying our petzl ones aren't good but these are far better. The action is super slick, feels like your pulling the bolt back on a tourney rifle. There is absolutely no slack in it either but it is so smooth so it does not matter. Just wanted to let everyone know how slick these are. We are using them on a modified HC setup with the DMM 3 position pulley.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bro I really like the Petzl William biners we had, but these things just feel so killer. Buy one and you will see what I am saying.

Hey I found one of these today too http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=223&item=1644 keeps the biner right where it needs to be, no twisting. The little cable that keeps it from over reaching is in bad shape so I am going to replace that. If I had a 1/2" FL I prob would wait but the 5/8" stops it way back in its travel. Idk why they dont make all grabs like this, no brainer.

That little cable is also the spring which provides necessary tension. The rebuild kits for the Petzl Micrograb work for this adjuster.

Cheers.

Hey I found one of these today too http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=223&item=1644 keeps the biner right where it needs to be, no twisting. The little cable that keeps it from over reaching is in bad shape so I am going to replace that. If I had a 1/2" FL I prob would wait but the 5/8" stops it way back in its travel. Idk why they dont make all grabs like this, no brainer.

heard that maybe very thick/ stiff string trimmer line would replace the cable.

Why steel on your climb setup? Just curious.

I am a heavier climber, it will last longer and it's really nice to have that weight. You can flip the end way up in the branches and it seems much easier to get it to come back down to you from the crotch once you toss it in there.

I use steel because of the weight. I advance my rope with the steel as weight, sometimes adding a 16 oz throw weight.

Back