Gettin' old

dastevoe

Wood Hacker
Well I have finally been reduced to chunkin' up the big blocks with the chainsaw in order to lift them onto the splitter :cry:
Got to admit though the 2100cd is the right saw for the job !! Just put it together a short while back ,had to put a new clutch & a bunch of other little odds & ends. The original case I have had the bearing pockets "wallered" out and thanks to a generous fellow in Kaliforny, sent me a good case & some other needed pcs to put it together.
I bypassed the governor on the carb & did a little "massaging" to the internals when it was apart and I have to say the thing is impressive.
It "noodled" through the 30" dia. 24" long "pizz elm" for the OWB like it was nothing. Only came off the 4-stroke blubber when I pushed on her a bit.
I have to admit this saw will not be used a whole lot,probably be relegated to this type of work or maybe milling some day.
Anyone else use the 2100 much ??

Steve

I ran a 2101 with a 36" bar when I worked at Davey about 13 years ago. Great saw, lots of torque. They also had a 3120 (48") but I avoided that one because it was too heavy and took too long to sharpen.

I've tried to read your post 3 times Steve, but I can't quite get through it before I get distracted by your avatar and have to start all over again. I'm going to just give up at stare at that for a while instead. :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've tried to read your post 3 times Steve, but I can't quite get through it before I get distracted by your avatar and have to start all over again. I'm going to just give up at stare at that for a while instead. :D

I can change it if it bothers you guys too much.........:P

Steve

Yep I've got a 2100 Husky ,arm breaker finger pullin SOB that it is .Lot's of power but like all the rest of my large saws it sees very little action .

Nah, it's good as long as you keep your posts to just 1 or 2 lines. My attention span can make it that far.

marty-feldman1.jpg

They emailed a couple of weeks ago. Asked if I was going to be in Arizona when they arrived for the bowl game. I had to turn them down because of a better paying basketball trip.

Next April I will take them to "cheer camp" for a week down in Texas. You may have to wait until then.

There's no point, if the other Steve replys no one will see them.:(

I got it last year, hardly used, goes real good. Paint on the handle came off because it was wrapped in an oily rag from the manual pump.

I don't even get to use a 20" bar around here much these days. :whine:

Attachments

• 19 oct 09 020.jpg
    19 oct 09 020.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 19 oct 09 005.jpg
    19 oct 09 005.jpg
    737 KB · Views: 51
  • 19 oct 09 021.jpg
    19 oct 09 021.jpg
    846.9 KB · Views: 4
Great looking old beast, Steve. Last of the magnesium frames, the 2101 I ran had a plastic frame and rear handle.

Wish I could still get GB bars here in the States. :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tape some paper to your Monitor !

Ok,for you easily distracted types.......just tape a piece of paper over the avatar side of your screen.

Steve,that is a nice looking 2100. It'd be nice to have some of those GB bars ! The Canada made Oregons are good, however.....even though they are made here we pay more for them than the guys south of us :what: :X

Steve

Back