Fish tanks.

• Thread starter fishhuntcutwood
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1K
F

fishhuntcutwood

Who's got a fish tank? I think I remember Butch mentioning having an oscar at one time.

I got started last year when Jen bought me a little 5 gallon tank for my birthday and it's since grown into 40 gallons with an African clawed frog, a tiretrack eel, two big angel fish, a crawfish, two barbs and an algae eater. I know that souns like alot for that tank, but they all occupy different levels of the tank and they all get along well. Everything is stable and healthy, but I am moving next summer to parts unknown. Anyone ever move a fish tank before or is it better to just start over when I get there? I know people mail order fish...can I ship my fish?

That crayfish will eat any fish he can grab, and if the fish get big enough they'll eat the craydad.

I'd make the move and start over.

My ex wife had the uncanny knack of being able to set up an aquarium in nearly perfect balance .

It was such they required very little food and the tank could go for months without needing to be cleaned .

It would be a chore to move fish across country in my opinion and keep them alive .

I think I would start over although I know you can ship fish. There is a company in Marathon that ships tropicals and large sharks around the world with great success.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That crayfish will eat any fish he can grab, and if the fish get big enough they'll eat the craydad.

I'd make the move and start over.

Oh fure sure, they're mean as hell. I've had the tank for about a year and a half and I've been through three crawdads. I knip off their "thumbs" on their front pincers so they can't grab anything too big, but can still defend themselves from the frog...and I get them for like $3 at the fish store so if the frog does grab one, it's easily replaced. I just keep one in there to keep the bottom clean and because they look cool.

The frog I'm moving with no matter what. They move easy and he'll live to up to 30 years so he's in for the long haul.

My neighbor in NewPort News Va had a fresh water shark ,neat fish .Looked like a big one but was a vegatarian so it didn't gobble up the other fish .

She on the other hand looked like Nancy Sinatra when Nancy was young woman dy-no -mite ,wow .A good friend of my ex .Had a '65 GTO convert and my ex had a '66 Olds 442 convert .Hot rod mommas .

I had a Piranha once, mostly fed it raw hamburger. Of course it resided alone. I think it became illegal to import or sell them at some point, fears that they might get released into lakes and such, then consequently produce offspring.

People release a lot of unwanted pets into the wild, it's a shame. A lot of Burmese pythons loose in Florida these days I read, amongst other things.

I had African Cichlids for a while, they were fun but didn't like other fish much. Just moving them a few miles was a big enough deal for me.

Gigi was telling me how in Fla they catch feral cats, spay/nuter them, clip their ear, and then RELEASE them. I've never heard of such a thing.

Has anyone else???

Gigi was telling me how in Fla they catch feral cats, spay/nuter
Ha old story .My deceased uncle had a dairy farm and about a zillion cats so he decided to preform a little operation on a few Toms to curtail the population explosion .

So him and a buddy would catch a Tom ,stuff it in a old boot and seperate them from their gonades .A boot was good for about three cats ,they'd dig right through the toe .

They must have done half a dozen but to no avail, they must have missed one because the cats kept multiplying .Bad plan .

A fox or two will nicely control the wild cat population. Just don't let your house kitty wander outside.

Back