first snow of the sesson.

Cold Logging

TreeHouser

Friday was cold rain down here at 1500' elevation. But snow was above 6,000 ' . It sure is good to see. The mountains didn't look right with lots of rock exposed.
Last year the view from where I was standing on the highway wasn't as good. But this summer I fell all the trees in front of the Ahtna building and the view now is kinda awesome. IMO.

Early in the morning, 30 degrees or so. The temp will rise as the day goes on. Every 5 to 10 years we'll actually get snow - this is about all we get and it doesn't last long.

Attachments

• snow 016.jpg
    snow 016.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 41
Nice pic CL, looks refreshing!!!...come on fall, Im done with the heat ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't know it got that cold there. That's great. It doesn't stay that long tho. But still you gets the seasons. . I would be kinda lost in a tropical climate.
I'm not in a great hurry for winter to get here last winter we had snow on the ground for 8 months. But it sure is nice that the heat of summer seems to have abated. Plus late summer thru fall is one of my favorite seasons.

That's an awesome pic. When I see mountains with snow on them in summer it freaks me out, in a good way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A lot of the glaciers, which we have lots of here were blue this summer because of the heat. Blue glaciers are in essence receeding. That's bad. I like glaciers to be snow white.
Up here winter is different than a lot of places. When everything freezes it opens up a lot of country to land transport. We build winter roads ( ice roads) sometimes. I've been in the Interior long enough that I try to avoid outside work in December. The darkest month. Doesn't always work out but I've frosted my throat and the top of my lungs pushing it too hard in 40 below and colder weather .

Back