Finley Hays and Loggers World Magazine

chris_girard

Treehouser
Hey Guys, I want to give credit to the people that I got my avatar from.

The avatar is an oil painting done by Eldon Olin who has done many sketches and paintings of old time logging scenes.

www.eldonolin.com Check out his site, I think you'll like it.

Loggers World magazine is a good industry mag that keeps you informed about logging on the West Coast, and Finley's Rigging Shack Column is my favorite part.

http://www.loggersworld.com/

If you want want to read some good logging stories check out Finley's "Rigging Shack" and "Loggers World - The First Ten Years".

I'm sure a lot of you guys already know this info, but I thought that I would just pass it on. Finley has also passed on now, but his family members keep his column and memory going.

Chris

Finley definetly wrote some good columns in LW. I saved some of them they were so good, one memorable one was on the function and importance of foul language at times of stress on the job;)

Finley was sharp as a tack up to his death. We kept in touch a little over the phone and email. I loved his stories. Finely could remember all the names, dates and places and had a writing style that was easy and pleasing to read. A real asset to the LG magazine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds a lot like you Jer. Your memory is as sharp as anyone's that I know and you have a great writing style that draws a reader in when reading your books.

Chris, dont take this the wrong way, but you being hurt is kind of nice for us here. You are posting more than ever and you are really posting some great topics. I hope you get back to 100% soon, but I will enjoy reading your posts in the mean time.

Eric,

I have thought the same thing. Chris has been bringing lots of good info and insight to the House.

Chris...you are taking wonderful advantage of your "down time"...researching topics and letting us in on what you discover. Thanks for your generous nature...I am enjoying your convalescence.

I got a couple pairs of bright red Loggers World suspenders. One pair never worn. I bought these from Madsens in the very early 1980s. I was at a timber show on the west coast about 12 years ago and this old timer asked me where I got them, saying he hasn't seen them for years. He offered to buy them right off my back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got a couple pairs of bright red Loggers World suspenders. One pair never worn. I bought these from Madsens in the very early 1980s. I was at a timber show on the west coast about 12 years ago and this old timer asked me where I got them, saying he hasn't seen them for years. He offered to buy them right off my back.

Hopefully you kept them on, otherwise you may have had to go home bare bottom

Back