F11

Che

Treehouser
In case someone doesn't know. if you're trying to look at web pages, especially images (ex: Blue's Hell's Angels link)....and it would be nice to have a bit more viewing room: just click on the F11 button on your keyboard, the tool bars will disappear until you click F11 again.

Thanks Che, never knew that. I thought you were going to be showing some photos of fighter jets from your youth.

I'm surprised you folks didn't know that. To be helpful, if you use the mouse on the pull down menus from most browsers and many programs, next to the mouse command it will list a keyboard shortcut if there is one available.

I'm surprised you folks didn't know that. To be helpful, if you use the mouse on the pull down menus from most browsers and many programs, next to the mouse command it will list a keyboard shortcut if there is one available.

Say wha?

the bit about "CRTL-N" = a shortcut to opening a new window rather than the number of mouse clicks to get there and having to take one hand off the keyboard to grab the mouse. :)

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 53
Another neat trick (works in Firefox; dunno about IE)...

Press the "control" key while scrolling the mouse wheel to zoom in and out of a web page. Great for reading the fine print. ;)

Excellent tip, Erik! It also works for mac safari and for the email program. Some emails have been troublesome to read. Thanks!

Back