Exposed roots

In my inexpert opinion, I'd say leave it be. Maybe reduce some weight from the direction of the lean, but other than that, it'll be fine, I reckon. I'm sure far more knowledgeable folk will weigh in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That’s what’s I was finkin too. Beautiful tree. Known locally as Indian laurel. Super thick and heavy with limbs and leaves obviously. 100% shade. They get black sooty canker sometimes though and that’s it. Same trees as the 9 in a row I did. A few years ago I did one that was 36” dbh and 75’ ball of limbs. Limbs for days and days.

Wrong tree, wrong place.

Leave it? Sure, why not? Cover with topsoil? Again, sure, why not? Is there risk of it uprooting? Yes.

It's a street tree. The responsibility/liability lies with the municipality that has jurisdiction.

Where I used to live in Sydney had a row of those Ficus opposite the local shops, great shade. I used to park under them for years until the local council (that was once the City of Trees) went on a rampage because they were scared someone would sue them if they tripped over.

They took out nearly all the old street trees, big Melaleuca and gums as well.
That Tallowood on the left is gone now.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 19-46-59 Google Maps.png

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 19-53-59 Google Maps.png

Guess you've never ground out a Ficus stump Sean, they've got a pretty good hold on the ground.

They took this one as well, years earlier they narrowed the road there to go around it. Same council area but different members then, they liked trees.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 18-41-28 Google Maps.png

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 18-39-19 Google Maps.png

Last edited:
Back