Ergovation

• Thread starter Strikermike
  • Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 3K
S

Strikermike

Has anyone been using the Ergovation saddle yet? How does it compare with the Sequoia or Treemotion? Any and all advice welcome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was thinking that might be a plus for us older guys :)

I was thinking that might be a plus for us older guys :)

who you calling old, you old fart! :P
No really,
What I notice about the larger back pads, (for me) is that they are alot hotter and also sorta keep me from flexing from side to side.

But those two issues may not apply to you. YOu may live in a cooler place, and the stiffness may actually be a benefit helping you to hold weird positions in the tree better.

Finding the perfect saddle is so very personal, different for each climber. To bad there is not a 'saddle lending library' so you can really try one out for awhile before buying.

I can see how a big backpad could limit your flexibility, but it shouldn't if it doesn't rap around too far. Yes try before you buy would be great. I'll call Wesspur and see when they can start a demo library:):)

I've had the chance to try one on, but not much more than that. It was comfy though. It sure seems to be highly customizable. I wouldn't hold your breath on the demo idea though. It would be sort of like letting peope test ride parachutes.

I've had the chance to try one on, but not much more than that. It was comfy though. It sure seems to be highly customizable. I wouldn't hold your breath on the demo idea though. It would be sort of like letting peope test ride parachutes.

Yeah I realize that . That part was more of a joke. I am sure there would be more legal issues than you could ever figure out.

Test ride parachutes? Cool idea! I personally am gonna start a business selling used contact lenses.

Look on the bright side, Sean... you'd winnow out the bad chutes no problemo! :lol:

Sending back a saddle is really the only way to check them out without actually going to the store and hanging from it. IF they have a set up for doing that

I suppose if we all lived in a place where you could actually hold a saddle, try it on, and hang in it, you'd MAYBE be able to be pretty sure you'd be happy with a specific model.

But we don't.

I'm with Frans. So long as you keep it in spanking new condition, it shouldn't cost a seller more than normal operating expenses to restock.

The Vermeer store in Livermore that has Sherrill stuff in it has a climbing rope going up through a FS on a rafter.

The Wesspur policy is that it's ok to try a saddle on, hang from it, etc. and then return if you don't like it. Just don't work in it a day or two and then send it back. It has to be in new condition. We do have a rope dangling from the ceiling that walk in customers can use to try out a saddle before buying.

You can try out a lot of saddles at the TCIA Expo. That is where I tried the Butterfly and Dragonfly which a lot of guys liked. I didn't like it and bought the New Tribe Pro. Currently using the New Tribe Tengu.

Yeah, especially from Connecticut

Thanks Brendon,
I will give them a call tomorrow.

Back