ereplacement.com carb repair video

SouthSoundTree

Treehouser
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jl88F_uv8C0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This looked like a good, comprehensive, well lit, good audio, step by step for how to do this repair, as well as some good repair procedural tips for someone new to it.

I've put in one or two kits, around 3 years ago, but generally, my stuff just runs. I just found it as a 'brush-up'.

FWIW.

Thought I would give my perspective of this. One of the better video's I have seen, not so much wrong in it so his saw might actually run.
I learned by using the carb manufacturers service manuals. There is a couple vital things different.
I usually don't clamp of a Impuls line/air hose. Replacing fuel lines and filter is smart as this is needed 9 times out of 10.
I always check shafts and so to see they don't bind up or are not tight. Some carbs have valves there too as accelerator pump.
As I line up on bench i take pictures to help remembering if I don't know. I remove what is needed, if I do a full repair kit, I replace needles, welsh plug and inlet valve as well. Keep in mind aftermarket membranes can be a bit different and there is often variations in them. Hight of heel that push lever for inlet valve is often different and result gets affected.
It is NOT ok to blow or spray in to carb or mess around with the passages. Instead you remove welsh plug and GENTLY blow it inside - out.
I always check inlet needle height/adjust after new is installed. I do this under pressure so I know it is tight. Saves a lot of "do it over again".
Membranes and gaskets I usually install wet.
It is good to dig a bit deeper and change inlet gasket and check inlet as well.

Fuel line is good to plug/clamp to prevent fuel getting out and causing a mess with a highly flammable liquid.

Impuls line is for air pressures, not that bad if it comes out...
I guess clamping prevent crap from getting in, but if it is dirt that near, cleaning it first is appropriate.

Impulse line transfer pressures from crank case to pumpside on carb. Some saws have a line, some a channel built in the grommet.
The pulse is negative and positive pressures that move pump membrane. One side is pressures, other side fuel.

Back