Do you keep a knife on your saddle ?

Altissimus

TreeHouser
... I look at some stuff people have like first aid kits or tons of climbing hardware and say meh not for me. I do believe that just in case scenario I'd be happy I hung it there. Have one on each saddle.

Handsaw should handle emergency rope cutting, I would think.

That's what I always figured. A sharp silky should be able to slice a rope. Especially of the rope has tension on it. No?

I ussually keep one in my pocket. I forget to hang it on a caribiner most days. I've carried a knife on me every where since I was a young lad.

My first tree removal I didn't have a hand saw with me, got my hand stuck between the lowering line and a branch, cut the line with my knife. I always have a knife on me, I just switch pockets when I put my harness on because the leg strap usually sits on my knife. I get uncomfortable when my knife is not on me, it's my blanky :)

I've always had a knife/multitool/bayonet since I was 17. I have a small folding Gerber on my climb saddle. Used it once to cut to length some hollow braid bracing.

A Petzl Spatha on my saddle and a Kershaw stainless in my pocket at all times. I feel naked without it.

In the latter years I had a folding blade in a pouch with my throwline reel and such. It proved worthy at times. sharp and clean cutting when I needed it. Not often, but it wasn't heavy to pack either way.

I have a knife in a little pouch on my harness...until I forgot to take it off before going through security at the airport...harness and important gear was in carry-on luggage...they found it, tucked between all the carabiners and HH and all the metal on the harness!
I've had a replacement sitting under the handbrake in the truck for a few days...just haven't got around to attaching it.

Allways carry a knife, weighs f all and proves to be quite useful at times, plus I'm geared for a rescue at all times.
I allways carry a coiled prussic loop and knife incase it's needed, if the event were to occur I like to know I'm prepared in that situation. Can't imagine rummaging through my bag trying to find rescue gear in an emergency.

No knife on tree harness

Trango alpine knife and tibloc when I go climbing

Back