Diesel owners.....

I've posted the link to the chart countless times. I've been running Ashless TCW3 2 stroke oil for years in my p stroke. :)

Just started running it in my new p stroke and it's noticeably quieter.

Lube those injectors!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My chip truck is a 98 7.3 with 75k on the truck. I'm thinking I'm going to start running an additive now.

You are on to something! Just not the first one to get there :). It's still smart of you to find the info and follow up on it.

Thats because the electrons in vegetable based oils have a different polarity to steel, so naturaly cling better, whereas mineral oils have the same polarity, therefore repel each other. Cant beat the bean...

I tried a couple bottles, didn't really notice anything. Maybe I should try again

I haven't ran a fuel additive before, but it looks like I may start. Those who use it, do you run it in all of your diesel equipment? What if the diesel from the gas station contains up to 10% bio diesel, does that help with lubricity at all?

PC, not sure if it matters but it's not soybean oil, it's fast food fry grease recycled.
So, probably worse than virgin clean soybean oil.

I'll let you all know. I've heard of it stripping all the plaque in the fuel system, being tooo clean. I've done a few filters in a row.
I run a tank of regular every now and again when I'm low away from my Biodiesel spot.

Long term use saves the wear.

and the war.

I run the walmart oil in all my diesels. I get a little better milage in the trucks,and the equipment seems to be smoother. 1 oz per gallon. IMO more wouldn't hurt.

I've heard of it stripping all the plaque in the fuel system, being tooo clean. I've done a few filters in a row.
I run a tank of regular every now and again when I'm low away from my Biodiesel spot.

My supervisor told me that when DOT (where we fill the State rigs) started going to biodiesel (up to 40% currently) he went through a few filters at first. Then no more problems. He said that the truck seems to run better with the Bio blend.

Back