Coming over from the UK to work

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm in NY, look me up if you're ever in the 'hood.

Hey Rob, thats a kind offer, how is the work situation around NY? I looked on your website and see that you went to Merrist Wood, not where my training is but pretty close. Can i ask how you ended up over in the States (American Lady per chance!?), it would just be very intersting to hear from someone who has done it. It sounds like you had a lot of experience, which is where we differ i guess, i've the training and a stong work ethic and desire to my best and give it my all like anything..just need some time under the the belt :/:

thankyou for all the welcomes chaps, or guys, should i say now that i'm heading stateside :?
if anyone does know of any good contacts that i would always be interested to hear, one limey with a strong work ethic ready to work here..

I think he's dissin' you Erik!

Lol

Welcome Yew! Anyone who ignores Erik is A-ok in my book. Lmao!!!

Colorado is a great place to live, and I highly encourage you to come here. As far as tree work goes its pretty dead right now where I'm at. Both me and my boss (owner of the company I work for) have jobs in the resort industry right now. Most of the folks here, including my self are set on skiing as much as possible in the winter and usually there is too much snow piled up on the ground to work. Although, we have had some wicked wind storms this winter and have worked a day or so every few weeks doing emergency work. The snow is extremely lacking this season.

But I read that you are planning on heading to Boulder and I'm pretty sure they are working year round down there...same goes for Denver.

Good luck on your quest for employment.

thats good to hear, i was in Boulder for just over a month at the tail end of last year and i did see a good handful of jobs up on craigslist. I've been contacting everyone in the area just to introduce myself and suchlike. At somepoint hopfully something will come through, i can hustle a bit doing other work until it does, the joys of emigrating with mininmal money eh, i'm lucky that i have a freind who should be able to put me up for a few weeks at the start..bit of a buffer...its an interesting time at the moment..18-25 unemployment is something like 25% here at the moment and places like spain its is around 40-50...Boulder seems to be its own little bubble, thats the logic, oh and the mountains, sun, and all that :lol:

sorry Erik, i wasn't being rude, the name is Serge

Errkkk...same time! Nursery Practices back then, I'm reformed now, climbing trees...went back in 2000 and 2005.

Back