Coming over from the UK to work

YEW

TreeHouser
hey guys,

thought i would introduce myself as i'm new on here, and ask you guys for some advice. I graduated last year (Envirmonmental Science) and then headed over to Colorado to work a trailbuilding season, came back to the UK to get my certifications and training done over here, felling, tree climbing, aerial rescue and all the rest. I'm heading back in about 9 weeks to Colorado to land some work, seeing as i'm a dual citizen its pretty easy in terms of actually getting myself there. I've been emailing companys in the area i would like to work, introducing myself and such. I was wondering where is a good resource to look for work, and what the general siutation over your side of the pond is like at the moment, any advice would be greatly appreciated

cheers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
in the valleys not to far from Newport/Cardiff, i take it your around about these ways to--blowing a gale over here right now

Hey thanks, its all been a rush over the last 6 months, I'l be turning up on your side of the pond with a backpack and a few hundred dollars for the second time in 6 months, so hopefully the quest will suceed and i land some tree work

I live up the topside on Anglesey myself, but am regularly down in the Valleys on business.

There are a few Colorado members on here, so you should get some information.

getting up and going for it, the American way, thanks for the link. I'm up that way time to time, have friends around llanberis and Bangor, good climbing up there

Ahhh, A climber eh? I have'nt climbed (rock) for years, but used to sport climb on the slate at Llanberis. My Sister lives at the southern end of the lake.

If your going to Colorado, I expect pics of you climbing Bridalveil falls please :P

Our general situation in the US? We're screwed.

But I'm sure somebody can spare some work for a puddle jumper.

What's your name?

hoping so my friend, it would be nice to be coming over with a fair bit of saved up cash, but the situation kind of demands i just go for it, so hopefully someone will give me a break. Puddle jumper, i like that one :lol:

Dual citizenship between the GB and the states? Never heard of the US allowing dual if you were past the age of twenty or something. Anyway, welcome to the treehouse.

US frowns on dual citizenship, but cannot force you to renounce your other passport. I know a few folks with 2 passports, Im told its not good to have immigrations find both though....

YEW, can you climb? And by this I mean are you productive in a tree and safe? How old are you and when are you coming??

like you say they may not be overly keen on the idea, but there is nothing against it. Yes i can climb, safely and productively, i'm just extremely keen to get working now and some more experience under my belt, thats whats really needed now, so i'm hoping i'll get a break. I'm 23, and i am back in the first week of March, my flight is booked, but if work comes up i can push that foward by a few weeks

Back