Classic barber chair- VIDEO

Thanks, Stig...I'm a red-blooded Americano and I don't know either. I have assumed it means basically "huh?!?!"

Kinda like Homer Simpson's, "doh?"

Just guessing.

Wrong side of the body???

Idling saw, bar forward, carrying with left had with the saw resting against the thigh.

Saws were designed to be carried right handed. With the bar away from the body, separated by the saw housing.

Saws were designed for left hand handlebar right hand trigger. But obviously a good sawyer is ambidextrous.

Absolutely. But while carrying, right side only design. And for Pete's sake, brake the bar -or shut it off whilst milling about.

I'm not switching up hands to carry between each tree if say I'm woods working and cut and running all day. Bar out behind you is easier to drag through brush and whatnot too.

Must be real nice to work in an environment where you can carry the saw the same way every time.
Unfortunately we don't have that luxury in the woods.

If I had to engage the brake or shut the saw off when moving around, I'd have starved long ago.
Besides, when have anybody been bit by a stationary chain?

Or does your saws all of a sudden rev up on their own and start chewing on the nearest meaty object?

Mine are all vegetarian, like their owner, so I don't have that problem.

Throttle interlock is more important for milling about, IMO. I was just saying this to new John at work yesterday. Chain brake is for kickback more than anything else, IMO.

I turn it off before putting on my shoulder.

Back