chuck and duck knives

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
We have a 16 chuck and duck and one set of knives have been sharpened too many times. Our machine has some set screws to set the cutting depth but they won't extend enough for us to use these knives that we just had sharpened. Too me they look like they should still be good. I measured them and I think they measured at 2.5 inches wide. New they are 3 inches I believe. Is that really all you get out of a set? What do you all do with your old knives? Scrap? Can anyone use these on their chipper? They are sharp and in great condition, just too short for my machine I guess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No sir. I make sure that all screws, wedge, and wedge bolts are nice and clean. The set screws just seem to be pretty short.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was told by the Knife Source guys that our 1250 knives can be sharpened down to about a half an inch of where the holes start to taper in. I would think these other knives with no holes should be good for much longer.

The knife steel is so hard you really can't use it for much .It would not work well for say the cutting edge of a wood splitter or any other application .

About all I can think off hand it would be good for is wood lathe tooling but you'd have to cut it with a plasma cutter and it's not likely worth the effort .

Back