Chipper Lighting Schematics

NickfromWI

King of Splices
So when I turn my right blinkers in the truck, it turns on the hazards on the chipper. Dealer said I can bring it back and they will fix it, but

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363814799.457850.jpg

They are line an hour from here. It's an all day affair basically. So I'm gonna try and fix it m'self....which is my way of saying, "see if someone in the house can tell me how to fix it."

So I'm looking at the electrics schematics and comparing it to what's on the chipper. I can't seem to see the mistake.

Wanna give it a look?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363814943.888262.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363814988.692544.jpg

love
nick

Nick, I had a similar issue when we bought our new Morbark last year. What type of plug is on the chipper, and is there an adapter?

I thought the wirings were standard in the plugs...

I have often some issues with the lightening on my trailer. It blinks like a Christmas tree when I put the blinkers with the road lights. For mine, it's some crappy contacts in the plug (dirt, oxides) or / and a bad ground on the car.

buy a test light, very very simple.

i've had to swap around wires on two machines.

:thumbup:

If it gets really hairy get a cheap multimeter so you can test continuity too.

If you had the same problem when you were renting chippers then look at wiring on your plug first. Otherwise it's the chipper wiring.

Find a good ground for the test light. Two of those posts will have your test light blinking wrong. Swap, high five yourself, drink beer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I figured it out. I looked at the wiring diagram until my eyes were falling out and the box is good.

To me, that left the wiring of the actual plug. It's a seven prong round (aka pollak) like this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363822150.230106.jpg

The connections in there were switched around. In googling, I found they had it wired like you're supposed to do the kind with flat pins.

Either way, with a bunch of putzing and switching around of wires and running to the back of the chipper and plugging and unplugging, it works. Correctly.

I happened to have time today to putz with it. I don't have time in the next two weeks to take it to the dealer. So....glad it works right!

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was not hard....once I figured out how to open up the plug! (note to self- it is threaded. It doesn't simply pull apart)

I was wondering if anyone could help, I just picked up an older morbark chipper model 290, its in rough shape and im working on restoring it, and i am trying to get some schematics on the engine wiring harness but i cant find the serial # anywhere. I was wondering if anybody knows the chipper and where they might hide the serial #. thanks

Back