chest harness/ neck tether.

McGuarantee

TreeHouser
Hey everyone. I am rocking the rope wrench/pantin/hass/hitch climber pulley combo with a vt, and love it. However, I am trying to figure out how to safely and efficiently tend it. I have tried the lanyard over the shoulder and i works, but is uncomfortable and to re-set that up each time seems like a drag (especially if only acceding another 5 or 10 feet).

I've also used an old eye to eye prussic with a small carabiner to tend/pull up the system. Worked great but of course then I started realizing the choke hazard capabilities.

If anyone is on this same system, how do ya'll tend the system?

I also tried building a paracord necklace with a buckle that breaks at around 30 or so pounds of pressure, and that is also good, but the breakaway works almost too well, and if too much pressure is put on that necklace going through a brushy part of the tree for example, it will pop right off.

Any thoughts/ suggestions? I knew ya'll might have a lot of things to say or ideas to share

thanks! Photo on 9-7-14 at 5.03 PM.jpg

Haha

No it's actually never gotten in my way. It's minimal and light, I don't notice it. If it's too long u can just knot it in the middle to snug it up if u need to

i made some webbing suspenders for my harness. i have a key chain biner with a small loop of throw line pile hitched to the front strap of the suspender. that allows me to slide the biner up and down to get just the right tension. you can see what im talking about in this pic
IMG_0374.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's looks nice. Do you have more pictures of it? Might see if I can throw one together. Does also let the shoulders share the weight load if carrying a big saw or is it just for device progression?

That's looks nice. Do you have more pictures of it? Might see if I can throw one together. Does also let the shoulders share the weight load if carrying a big saw or is it just for device progression?
initially i made them to keep my saddle from falling off my skinny ass! all it is is a piece of webbing threaded through the center of the back of the saddle and attached near the dee rings at the front. i used some plastic webbing adjusters from west marine for length adjustments and to hold the"Y"up closer to my shoulder blades. keeps it from falling off.

I made a webbing chest harness, make a fig 8 with it, get the right size for fit, stitch the ends, stitch the crossover, add a clip at the front and you are good to go. It stays on for the whole climb, and doesn't get in the way.
I hated the feel of the over the shoulder or neck tether, so made my own.

I made a webbing chest harness, make a fig 8 with it, get the right size for fit, stitch the ends, stitch the crossover, add a clip at the front and you are good to go. It stays on for the whole climb, and doesn't get in the way.
I hated the feel of the over the shoulder or neck tether, so made my own.

Hey Bermy, that sounds like a sweet set-up. Do you have any pictures? Does it help bear the load of the equipment on your harness? Thanks

This is it from the back, literally the front comes together snugly with a boat clip, then another one clips to thr tether I have on my HH
This set up is stand alone, it's not attached to my harness, I got clip on suspenders from the hardware store for that.

Attachments

• P7030018.JPG
    P7030018.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 96
Ok...what's twerking?

Have I posted an inadvertent 'oops' picture...

pauls chest harness.jpg

Here's a pic. There's ton's of customizations that can be done. My fave swaps out the hook and just has a grommet there that fits the same small DMM biner

I like that set up with the elastic threaded through the oceans hitch cord. what kind of elastic did you use?

Back