What can be bombed out on a grave stie

• Nothing at all, no matter what.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Only small branches, no wood.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Anything goes. Bomb away!

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
my bro and i hardly get along, im mis understood by the family...but besides the point, some kind of connection to the plant world and the spirit worl keep me being most respectfull of the sites,

i did a job recently where the ashes of this couples son were burried in a pit beneath a redwood, when i was bidding it, i was walking round the tree and nearly stepped on the spot, the lady grabbeb my coat and whirled me away and said thats where her son was, so i politely suggested we cover him with some tarps, 2x4's and plywood so as to not disturb his spot....they were most appreciative of our understanding, even though i had felt like slapping her when she grabbed my coat and yanked me backwards and to the side, my 1st thoughts were what the f is wrong with this lady? the quivering face told it all in 1 look.

That's a good question, so I looked it up. It depends on local laws. I'm no lawyer but it seems (and it was a hard-read) that in my state a burial site can be virtually anywhere on private land subject to the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and there is a "burial-transit permit". However, the Supervisor of Assessments has to be notified for notation on the County Tax Map. And there are state laws on disturbing "funerary objects" including vegetation, fences, etc. except for 'normal' maintenance.

Some of the comments suprise me. I always think about and tell my employee to think about the customer. Ok, if something is important to the customer, even though myself or my employee could give two craps about it. Then guess what? On that job it's important. Identifying and respecting other peoples beliefs or things that are important to them goes along way in this business imo.

For me it just so happens that the requirements for working in the two different cemetery's here that I do line-up personally with how I would handle the job anyways. Does the remains of some dead/decaying body of a person I've never met or known mean anything to me? No. Could it mean something very important to some other still living person? Very much a possibility. Zero disturbance of graves.

Hatred is an ugly thing to hold onto imo, espescially if kept bottled up it has a way of emerging in some weird ways.

I think my posts say that i treat graves the way the cemetary wants ( and is willing to pay for).

I di any job that way. Whatever the clint wants and is willing to pay for, they get ( except for topping of certain species, like birch).

We maintain a forest/hunting estate for a super rich client, we get some strange wishes from him, but he always pays his bill without complaining, so whatever he wants done, we do.

Except for nailing deer protection to the trees. I balked at that one, so he had the gamekeeper do it.

I don't really hate my brother. I haven't seen him for over 30 years, since he frigged me over.
Hatred cools over time, but I would still hurt him if I ran into him today.
Be easy, too. He is a fat, out of shape sack of shit.

See, no hate there at all:lol:

If hatred is founded and identified and dealt with, so be it. To me it seems like you've done/have this. It's when people suppress their hatred and let it boil and fester that I believe it becomes weird and finds it's way out in mis-appropriate ways. Hatred/anger should be focused at the cause of it, is what I meant.

Some people describe me as an angry person, which I don't dispute to me that's the healthy way to deal with it, you piss me off you know about it. I don't bury it and carry it with me, as much as I can I deal with it at the time.

Graves here are reused over and over. The hole is covered with slabs of limestone and whitewashed closed.
When its needed again, its cracked open, the slabs pulled aside, a nice layer of palmetto leaves are put over whats underneath and another occupant is added.
The palmetto leave make a crunching noise when the casket goes down, covers the sound of anything below crunching.
Usually the occupants are all related!

I looked at a HUGE removal once, I was considering tyres and plywood over the grave tops...reckoned the job was too big for me...pass (primaries, main road, old walls, graves...nah)

I looked at a HUGE removal once, I was considering tyres and plywood over the grave tops...reckoned the job was too big for me...pass (primaries, main road, old walls, graves...nah)

Tell me you at least put a stupid big $number on it before you walked away.

$10,000

Also it was a Ficus retusa...sticky runny sap for days...not fun.

Carl and I did some cemetery work at the Andersonville Cemetery in 2007, site of the POW camp in the Civil War. It was zero impact, roped most everything. The super dead limb almost crumbled with the ropes around it but managed to stay mostly together.

Attachments

• img_3342-a.jpg
    img_3342-a.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 7
  • dsc00001.jpg
    dsc00001.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 6
  • dsc00003.jpg
    dsc00003.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 7
Back