Business cards

I have my tag line on the back..."we'll take care of your growing assets"...;)

The magnet door signs are ok, I think the price is reasonable $8 AUD each. Then again, I have no idea what anyone else would charge and I came from the land of seriously expensive stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have our website and Facebook info on back. We have more and more and more people commenting on our Internet stuff so we felt it was important to draw attention to it. There is still room for writing if need be. I think I have written on the back of a card less than 5 times I have the past 12 years.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I recently ordered cards from Vistaprint.com. I have heard of them for years and seen the cards that have stock photos on them and have never really been too impressed. I decided to try them out because I got sick and tired of dealing with Office Max for new cards. Anyway, I downloaded our company logo and formatted the card how I liked it. They just came in the mail and I have to admit that they turned out real nice, and I saved some money over Office Max. Anyone else ordered from there? I will definitely do it again in the future.

I tried them last time because I needed some cards for a garden show, and had not figured out what to put on a very nice card stock from another place. Actually the other is "farmed out" but looks nice ... to me anyway.

The Vistaprint cards were "okay" ... a bit less dazzling than I hoped for considering I put a photo on the front. And there's no real preview. Just had to wait and see what they looked like.

I think Vistaprint is okay for those who just want an "okay" card but don't care about a very nice business card.

This week I went to a local printer to see what they have available for cardstock, and with either have them use that, or ask them to send an order in for similar to what's attached below. I will repeat the white foil because it's easier to read than the gold.

Attachments

• Card.jpg
    Card.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 35
Those do look nice. However, I view cards as something that gets tossed 99.9% of the time so why pay for real fancy/flashy cards? That's my perspective for my customers. I totally get why some people would want nice ones, but it would be a waste of money for me. If I didn't view them as such, I would get those cards made of veneer... Those are the coolest cards that I have ever seen.

Those do look nice. However, I view cards as something that gets tossed 99.9% of the time so why pay for real fancy/flashy cards? That's my perspective for my customers. I totally get why some people would want nice ones, but it would be a waste of money for me. If I didn't view them as such, I would get those cards made of veneer... Those are the coolest cards that I have ever seen.

When cards really start getting nice, they don't seem to get tossed as much.

And if just a few cards saved because they look nice, means $3000 in work, that offsets the extra $60 paid.

I also started using 4" x 6" photos from Costco as business cards, half those never get tossed, I've got friends who say they see them around town still in view at places they eat at. Or, customers, like to put it on their wall or fridge. That's why I put a huge redwood on the photo.

So yes ... the inexpensive cards do get tossed more often.

I also started getting some card magnets from Staples / Office Max / Etc., and putting them on an occasional card if I think someone will put it in view on their refrigerator. But the mags are 20 cents extra apiece. I buy packs of 50 or 100 and put them on the marbled looking card stock.

When cards really start getting nice, they don't seem to get tossed as much.

Heck yeah. I often get a reply like, "wow-that's a nice card" when I hand people my card.

And that's a big part of the point of a business card. Yes it's to transfer information. But it's also a HUGE part of your first impression.

love
nick

When I get a card, no matter what, I take a pic with my phone so it's added to my contacts or manually enter the info. And then I toss it. When I get really nice cards from people it makes me think they paid lots for the cards and nothing else. And then I toss them too. But that's just me. And I have to believe that my customers are very similar to me as well.

On the other end of the spectrum, if someone handed me one of those free Vista print cards or one that was very clearly printed at home with crappy materials, then that makes a bad impression on me.

bad time to read this thread, just ordered premium glossy double sided vista print cards.. anyone tried the banners from them? do they look okay?

The Vista print cards are good average quality. They do not look like they were printed at home (done that!) They do have different grades, so you can get the shiny ones too.
I was able to preview my design, in fact they ask you to before you press the order button, and they came out just like what I saw on the website.
Still, you want better, then go for more expensive options!

Haven't ordered any banners, but I'd certainly give it a go if I needed one.

I wonder, where the products are actually manufactured given they are obviously a world-wide outfit. I would assume they have regional manufacturing, because I can't see mu stuff getting to me in a week from outside Australia! WOnder if that has affected anyone's quality control?

When handing out cards. Never give just one.

Why is that, Squish? You give the same person more than one card? I dunno, I think I'd feel weird doing that. :lol: I don't think I have ever had a person ask for two cards.

A little printed brochure can be a good thing to give out with a card. That's what pics of trees that have smashed houses are good for. i have one for the furniture making side of things, but not smashed furniture. People seem to appreciate it, and quite possibly there are good places to leave them where potential customers will want to take one. Maybe your saw shop will set them out.

I give em two or more cards and tell them 'ones for them and ones for anyone else they know with trees'. Often times people thank me as they can do just what I ask them to. Keep a card and give one away. Makes referrals easier. When their friend or neighbor or whoever comes over and starts asking about their treework. Then the customer who's raving about the fantastic job they had done can say 'wait a minute, I've got a extra card here you can have'.

Lol. Atleast that's how it plays out in my head.

Seriously I let them know to feel free to toss it if they have no use for it.

I ordered cards through Vistaprint as well.

Im happy with them. They have my name and number on them.... what more do you need? My skills and reputation sell my services, not my card. The card just has contact info on it.

I've ordered VistaPrint cards for Jer. They were adequate, not too cheesy looking, and priced fairly. I'm thinking about going a step up next time I order and get the cards made out of redwood.....just seems appropriate.

Just ordered from Vista print again. They have 50% off lots of their stuff with free shipping until tomorrow I think. I got some "free" cards to give to nurseries and other people who ask for lots to hand out to their customers. I also ordered some can coolers, bottle openers and some window decals for the wife's van...... Soon to be mine I fear... All that for $35 shipped.

I've ordered VistaPrint cards for Jer. They were adequate, not too cheesy looking, and priced fairly. I'm thinking about going a step up next time I order and get the cards made out of redwood.....just seems appropriate.

Ha, good one Mrs. B ;)

Interesting re busines cards...I leave a few at the local mower shop, its got me some good leads.
BUT, apparently a fellow stopped the other day and picked up one of all the cards that were there, I got a call from 'Roger' wanting to come and visit to tell me about an income protection insurance policy, complete with indian accent. Very polite, but I just told him to put the prospectus in the mail and I'd take it from there...'oh no, I am not to be selling you insurance, I just want to show you something, I will stop by your house after work'...

I think I will not be putting my mailing address on my cards any more!!
I stopped by the shop to let the owner know, next time I bring a black sharpie and -----through the street address!

Back