Brush Bandit 250 Question

mek

Treehouser
I have a 94 brush bandit chipper with 7340 hours on it and now the knives and the little metal pieces that are welded on the disk are hitting the bottom of the metal right below the cutter bar. Any idea why that would be? The disk does not wobble that I can tell. I'd hate to take it to the dealer but I may have to.

How many hours are on the bearings? Are they greased regularly? Sounds like they may be worn out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dont know how many hours are on the bearings as I bought it used. I greased them about every eight hours on the hour meter. I will see if the pictures uploaded.

here is 1

Attachments

• 100_1714 (Small).JPG
    100_1714 (Small).JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 74
no 2 This one is down by the cutter bar. It hits just below that.

Attachments

• 100_1713 (Small).JPG
    100_1713 (Small).JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 74
last one.

Attachments

• 100_1712 (Small).JPG
    100_1712 (Small).JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 73
Something is definitely out of alignment, most likely worn bearings. BTW, isn't that a Model 200?

No it is a model 250 not a 250XP. I am going take it to the shop and see how much to replace the bearings. Thanks for the info

My chipper had a bearing go out and was so loose it wrecked up the shaft, but I couldn't detect any slop by moving the disc with a bar. I think it is because the belt puts so much tension on it.

It shouldn't be a big deal to change the bearings yourself.

Steve, that's an interesting point regarding the belt tension. I need to tighten my belts, but I'll loosen them first to see if I can dectect play in the bearings.

I need to tighten my belt also. Whenever we get a big piece in there you can hear a little squalling.

Bearings will probably be between five and six hundred dollars. Any bearing places you guys know of with good prices. Part numbers are 900-1900-33 front bearing, 900-1900-34 rear bearing.

The part numbers from brush Bandit manual. I'll have to try and find a name on the bearing housing.

Don't get them from BB; they'll just cram it in yer ass for buying OEM.

Better bearings can be crossed over, for less money.

Bearings Specialty is about the best I've ever dealt with. They're in Worcester, not too far from me.

I get deals through Motion Industries. A guy I grew up with's father works there and they take it easy on me.

Steve, I wouldn't argue with YOU -You are a nice guy and a true Mr. Fix-it ,but I wonder about the people you dealt with. I have NEVER seen a belt, bearing or hydraulic part on any chipper that wasn't an industrial supply part.

Same here. As a general rule, you can figure Rayco will charge you a minimum of 2x what you could get it for from an industrial supply house.

I use Rayco as an example since that's where my bearings seem to also go.

They purposefully made our RG85 with the old style poly chain sprockets so we'd have to go to them to get replacements. I found out that it would cost about $60 to change over to the new sprockets, and we'd save way more than that on the first change out.

Steve, I wouldn't argue with YOU -You are a nice guy and a true Mr. Fix-it ,but I wonder about the people you dealt with. I have NEVER seen a belt, bearing or hydraulic part on any chipper that wasn't an industrial supply part.

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying I got worn down Justin. I know if I would have hung in there I could have ordered them somewhere. But I tried our local Motion Industries and a couple of other bearing and power transfer businesses and got the same answer at all of them.
I had to drive to Livermore for the shaft anyway and I wasn't getting anywhere here in Modesto, so I decided to just get everything from them. They had both bearings and the shaft in stock and I had my chipper together the next morning. Minus about $1400 if I remember right.

Back