Branches over power lines

bstewert

TreeHouser
It's not every day you see a tree like this. Looks like the guy didn't want to chance it.

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

I dunno, the second picture looks like they might miss completely if hinged.

I think Ryan is right, but you still could rope them. Get a pulley high on the spar and tip the the limbs and take them small if it looks like it will be close. the angle isn't ideal but they would go. Ive seen worse done in my Lewis days.

It looks like they might have went to lunch or something and never finished the job .Certainly they wouldn't leave it like that:?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
to bad he cut the top out. Coulda roped 'em no prob.

That's what I thought, too. I took those pics around 6 pm last night. If I have time today, I might just drive back over there. Maybe Asplundh will be there. Big corner lot with lots of bigs trees removed.

Looks like a right of way .However I've seen Aspludh cut half of a pine tree off and leave it that way .Good grief !

First picture looks really scary ... power lines scare the hell out of me, especially those distribution lines. :\:

Second picture looks likes a piece-a-cake. Really hard to tell - not being there. But, it looks like there's still enough top to tip tie the limbs and drop them against the stem ... maybe even enough clear ground to drop all of what's left of the tree.

Maybe he's just not done yet. It would be interesting to see what happens next. :)

edit:

bonsai'd!
:lol:

Guys that don't know tree work often cut the easy stuff off when it could be used to rig the harder stuff. Kinda like painting themselves in a corner. That tree looks like an easy flop at this point

The tree may still survive with those 2 limbs, just will look like hell for the next 10 years by the time the dorment buds sprout .
:lol:

I had an ash before the EAB set in that some how survived with just a 12 foot buggy whip of a thing growing out the top .Someone had topped it and left just the 60- 65 foot spar .Fact it's only one of two occasions I ever hit a house with tree which happened to be my own house ,no damage except my pride .

The thing had over 100 growth rings in it and the last 15 were in less than 3/4 of an inch .Which probabley coincides with when it was topped .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Drove over this morning to see if there was anybody to talk to. Not a soul around, and no signs. There's a bunch of logs on the ground, completely stripped, and all the brush is gone.

Here's another angle. If you pulled the tree straight away from the street, you'd hit the house, but the tree could be pulled at an angle to miss. I can't imagine they are going to save that old house, except maybe to use as an office while building the new stuff. Some nice new buildings have gone up in the area.

IMG_1421.jpg

Maybe a wicked storm kicked up and they had to wait for a calmer day. Yep, I am sure that's what happened.

Back