Biner Talk

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
Look at the DMM or ISC ranges. The former especially for smaller stuff. Superior to anything else on the market IMO. I am hard on kit & they handle everything easily

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I havent used the hot forged-I beam types but the Attache has always been a top notch biner. They are nice and small too....I have a few screwgates that are really old...and perfectly good.

I always admire snazzy biners, but can't seem to stray away from good old petzl ball lockers.

I bought mine locally and they where only $25. Still a little pricey. I originally bought the revolver one for a SRT system I was trying. Now I use it with a sling for a quick redirect when on SRT, nice and smooth.The other one I just use for what ever I need. I just really like the DMM biners. Smoother then the other brands but they do tend to be on the more expensive size. The triple action is very easy to use as well.

I am a rock exotica addict. I love the pull down action. So much easier for me. I don't know about the orca thing, I'd need to hold one and see how it works.

+2 ... yeah, like the ball-locks, too ... being able to one hand them with either hand is a big deal sometimes!!! ;)

Although, I have heard some people can't undo them left handed. :roll:

For knotless rigging you want steel, not aluminum. I found out the hard way when I first began using carabiners for knotless rigging and broke three of them before abandoning all aluminum components in rigging situations. Aluminum won't handle shock loading and impacts like steel, and you won't know if it's going to fail until it fails.

If you want an easy solution with gear readily available at Big Green, then use lanyard snaps. The opening is perfect for clipping onto a half inch rope and it has a nice wide face so you're not stressing the rope where it bends.

Back