Big leaf maple

Reg, as usual top shelf work on the rigging, but honestly, 3 tries to trip a spar with front lean and no targets to avoid??????????

Might want to tell him to gut the hinge , that makes them trip a lot easier.
I know that'll make him feel less of a man, but teach him to do it from behind, as he passes the bar around, that should be acceptable for a West Coast faller, I think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks again

Reg, as usual top shelf work on the rigging, but honestly, 3 tries to trip a spar with front lean and no targets to avoid??????????

Might want to tell him to gut the hinge , that makes them trip a lot easier.
I know that'll make him feel less of a man, but teach him to do it from behind, as he passes the bar around, that should be acceptable for a West Coast faller, I think.
What Jared doesn't know about falling isn't worth knowing stig. Just ask him. He loves nothing more than praising himself.

To be fair it was as good as gutted already with rot, and I'd rather he paused and stood back than just keep cutting and overshoot by mistake. With that short bar on the ported 3120 there's no feel for what your cutting on a rotten tree especially.

I've got some pics from that job as we had quite a lot to do there this week. I just need to put them on the laptop and re size. I was there alone finishing off today, had to fall a big cedar log among other things. Took this with the phone.
2016-05-27 15.10.00.jpg

Nice pic.

So real quick if I may, how did you get it out of your phone and here to the House?

Back