Best self tending device?

RopeArmour

TreeHouser
Rope on rope, mechanical, hybrids etc.
What self tends from the top down and then what tends the best from bottom up.
Thanks in advance :)
Self tending meaning the rope just falls through the hitch.please correct me if I'm wrong

Iv used a friction hitch setup that self tends perfectly. Unfortunately is also self tends the other way, making descent both rapid and unexpected.

I just put a Prusic loop on my rope and run it across to a micro pully that's placed under my brakes hitch . Simple cheap effective. Light weight too but weight doesn't bother me to much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A unicender self tends when using doubled rope as the standing end is clipped or tied to its upper attachment point, but for srt requires more tethering or using it as a hand ascender. I have seen video of a uni with an elastic tether to keep it vertically oriented and the rope fell through on its own as the climber ascended on spurs, but I have not tried that out for myself. I also have no experience with the other climbing gadgets to compare it to.. .

The Bulldog Bone self-tails with 15' of rope weight under it with a chest harness or a HUT and self-tails with 30' of rope weight without a tether.

Back