Batten down them hatches!

RopeArmour

TreeHouser
Pot Hole season!
Watched one of the planks from a truck and utility trailer jump right of the deck on Hwy 401. Could of killed a few people.
looks like pot hole season is gonna get rough
Go on and batten down them hatches!:blackknight:

Good advice. I ruined the day of an irate soccer mom once. I was pulling a low boy trailer and a white mini van tried to pass on double yellow and almost killed a bunch of folks. She tailgated me for a while and started honking about the time I hit a bump and threw some rocks off the deck. Ruined her windshield. Was totally my fault for not cleaning the deck properly.

Batten down the hatches indeed!

...pot holes on the paved roads, this time of year the gravel roads are "posted" for weight and very soft...Vermonters call it "Mud Season"

We call it "mud season" as well, smaller side roads are posted 8ton which makes it interesting getting to some jobs.

I will wage a bet that my area has far worse potholes then any of you are imagining. Theres reasons for that. Here's a sample.. More then 3 times lately, Ive happened upon 5 or more disabled vehicles all in a line on the side of the road after a series of crippling potholes. I am losing air from 2 low mileage tires on my pickup. Losing air from one tire on my wifes SUV, and blew a tire completely off the bead on my GMC 6500 chip truck last week...... That's just a sample.

Posted roads definetely gum things up....woods are closed anyways for mud but if you have logs on the landing or need to truck the skidder you are screwed. Not sure how many tickets actually get written unless you get stuck. Sometimes you can hit it early AM and do okay.... I have seen people park the truck and trailer at the posted sign, then proceed to make a huge mess by driving excavator down the gravel road. Gotta do what you gotta do I guess...

I will wage a bet that my area has far worse potholes then any of you are imagining. Theres reasons for that. Here's a sample.. More then 3 times lately, Ive happened upon 5 or more disabled vehicles all in a line on the side of the road after a series of crippling potholes. I am losing air from 2 low mileage tires on my pickup. Losing air from one tire on my wifes SUV, and blew a tire completely off the bead on my GMC 6500 chip truck last week...... That's just a sample.
...wonder how far you would get billing the municapality for damages, they left the potholes after all

Agreed. The potholes are starting to thaw out up here. Plows rip out all the patch. Frost is starting to come out of the ground too, opening up big cracks.

New one here this year...about a mile of gravel lies between me and pavement, not only is posted it is closed...sign says residents only...a mess as thaw / freeze cycles continue

Back