Back in the Wood

People have "cell phone thumbs" now, from all the messaging they do with their phones. The digit has actually evolved, I read. Oil pump thumbs...hell yeah!

Back in the day none of them had auto oilers ,It really wasn't that big of a deal or at least it didn't seem that at the time --unless you were a lefty .:lol:

Glad yet havin' fun, Gary!!

I had a 181 years ago.... sweet saw!...sold it to a bud for $150.....also sold him my red light 066 for $175...Reckon I didn't know their worth back then, or he was a good friend!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How wonderful for you, Gary! I so miss being in the woods. :cry:

Is that a good hurt or a "man, what was I thinking!?" hurt?

It is a good hurt. Not my back at all, but my shoulder, arm, and leg muscles. Like I said I haven't packed a saw around like that for a long time. :)

So yep... it is a good hurt. The kind that lets ya know you're alive.

Gary

Nice rind on that oak, Al. Clear, straight grained and easy splitting. Hey?

Bucked rather long for stove wood though. Or maybe you have one of those big outside jobbies.

That red oak in the first pic is a 16 footer and I still haven't got that thing milled yet :(

Tom and the boys sliced that white oak in the second pic that lost it's top right smack on top of a house .If I would not have seen it myself I would have never believed it.There must have been at least 8 tons on that roof and it never even ruined a shingle .Those folks were very lucky ,it could have caved the entire roof in .

Where the Fish man is is not good timber country .Michigan pecker poles .:)

If he went south about 150 miles then east or west another 100 he would see some trees worthy of being called eastern timber .West would be where I'm at .East you get into the pines plus the hardwood of size .

On the other hand that area he is in now has excellent fishing .

I always leave some sawdust at the register when I get lunch at the market.:D

Sounds like you had some fun. 8)

I never got to run a 281 yet. I've been curious about them once or twice. I swing a 288 regularly with a modded muffler. Heaven forbid i die early i want that saw stuffed in the casket with me. That saw is loud heavy and vibrates but for whatever reason I love it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did Gigi... it was very theraputic for the mind to be back out with a saw over myshoulder packin' in for a day of cuttin'... :)

It was good that there were no steep side hills... fairly flat. Good times... :)

Gary

Back