Are you in your PRIME?

Pfft. You need to catch up Butch. Here's how you lift a 50k lbs excavator..;)

Attachments

• 1457480_10202563094428143_364655310_n.jpg
    1457480_10202563094428143_364655310_n.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 71
At 54 I was doing fine until my knees started going downhill this summer...very discouraging. Possibly due to increased topping for loggers...more higher climbs up bigger trees w/less time between climbs.

Friends have suggested both wrapping and bracing but I know squat about either. I'm not sure if I've tweaked something and it's not getting better or just degenerating in general. Won't see Doc 'til Feb to get it checked. Meanwhile I'm muddling through it.

Been really considering buying a Wraptor or calling it quits and selling out.
Had quite a few repair bills on equipment this year and I keep thinking "one more job and I could order one"; then something comes up. ha, I know that never happens to anyone else!

I start back to school in Jan so if I can make it through the next month then I'll cut back to only climbing through the weekends and maybe that will be more manageable.

There are videos online showing the proper way to wrap, just google it.

I know whatcha mean about something always coming up!!!

Sucks that its hard to make the money without the equipment to be able to afford the equipment that makes doing the work with the equipment easier, and more profitable.

Imagine if it was easy to go to a SBA and get a small, short term loan, like two months, like a Payday Advance without getting bent over. Buy a wraptor during the busy season and it would easily pay for itself in two months.

Doesn't something always seem to come up, though.

If you're going to get a wraptor, you'll still be setting lines. What about an SRT ropewalker system. It would cut out the bulk of the cutting that you might do to clear your way up the trunk for flipline and spurs, or at least all the hop-scotching of lanyards. It can be amazingly fast for under a Benjamin, and weighs about a pound, in addition to your SRT set-up like a HH. A wooden rope wrench is free.

Been really considering buying a Wraptor or calling it quits and selling out.

I start back to school in Jan so if I can make it through the next month then I'll cut back to only climbing through the weekends and maybe that will be more manageable.

YES... You need to... Then wrap it all up and continue on. Get some school and then mentor a a climber. JMO
The Wraptor saves my arse....

Thanks Butch, I'll look into it.

Sean, I've no need to cut my way up in most situations. I've considered a 2-footed ascender to make it easier on my legs but am not convinced it wouldn't actually slow my ascents unless I was tied in out away from the tree, and I usually have a great aversion to depending on a branch for life support (just me I guess).

CV, I've invested in a second climbing kit and had a youngster in a tree a couple days ago. He did very well for the first time climbing, but never sure if these things will work out in the long run.:dontknow:

CV, I've invested in a second climbing kit and had a youngster in a tree a couple days ago. He did very well for the first time climbing, but never sure if these things will work out in the long run.:dontknow:

And one will never know for certain... Just always worth a shot from time to time.

Butch made a good point about the wraps. When I got into weight training over 20yrs ago I wrapped my knees with two 4 ft long pieces of tensor elastic bandages, wrap your knee area for about a foot then tuck the free end into the wrap, amazing support.
But Stephen also gives good advice about getting a Wraptor, that's definitely the 1st piece of equipment I have on my wish list. Won't be long and I'll be using it full time.

Back