Arborwear tech pants

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 58
  • Views 7K
W

Widow Shooter

Well, I have the regular originals, wayyyy to big now...:D
I belt them and use them on sticky trees though.

I decided after much procrastination; to try the tech pants, not the new stretch-tech, the original techs.

I LOVE them, very tough, not near as hot as the originals, and even cooler than my soft shell mountain hardware pants.

Very accurate if even a bit small sized, they do not stretch out like the cotton originals, so if you are fooling yourself on your true size, best to order up fatties :)

I'm a 31-32" waist, the 32's fit like a glove.

that being said, they move easy with the giant gusset in the crotch.

One feature i like is, get ready guys and gals...the pockets have flaps with velcro to keep the chips out! 8)

on the website the reviews are all the same, about how tough they are.

1 dude says he has been wearing his almost everyday ( literally) since 2005 and they are still in good shape.

I will admit, they look and feel like they will wear better than the originals, soft-shells or jeans.

Got mine from Luke and co. at treestuff.com, got a 20% coupon from arborwear, might order another pair and some other A-wear goods soon ;)

give them a try fellow 'housers :)

I just wore a pair of their stretch pants today, not sure I like them. Should have saved some money and gone with the techs which I already have 2 pairs of and love, had them for about 3 years now....

So if I am a 33", go with a 34"? How does one get a coupon?:)

I love my tech pants. I skipped the orinigals and went straight to the tech pants. Got them early July a few months back, and I couldn't believe how cool they were to jeans(this was when we were having 90+ days, with 90% humidity) so I was so happy to have them. The rest of the crew would be burning up in their jeans or whatever, but I was always nice and cool in my awesome tech pants8)

As for durability, they are holding up really well so far. Even the pair that got some bar oil spilt on them, it washed right out and you can't even tell that happened.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Greenhorn, better get the 34 dude, and i don't know, bought some stuff last year, they mailed me a coupon.
i don't think I will get the stretch-techs, my opinion??? they will probably not continue them, they made the perfect pant with the techs...plus the other ones are more than 2wice the price!;)

Five yrs on a pair with only a patch on the knee where I caught the dogs! Have to try the ones with the flaps. Word on the go bigger size wise.

I'm an Arborwear Tech Pants devotee...had my 1 pair for about three years...they have a rip in the leg where my saw caught while pulling it thorough a crotch , a few zig zag holes from silky swipes, the corners of the back pockets have just worn through the stitching, the cell phone pocket in the right cargo pocket is perfect and those cargo pockets sit just right below my harness, good for the first aid kit, a wedge and a few slings...but I LOVE them, sometimes in a week they get washed every night, dry for the next day...rock on!!! I'll NEVER wear jeans or cotton duck pants again...at least for work ;)

i'm getting the driftwood colour next, then another pair of the green ones, black is to, well, dressy for trees ;)

Um got de dark blue ones...but they don't show the dirt, or blood!

do you get paid enough to bleed Fiona? ;)
once i hit 200 per hour( and I'm close ;) ), maybe then I will bleed :)

I can buy Under Armour pants for $70 per pair, and everybody knows how overpriced their stuff is. Arborwear must be made with solid gold thread in the seams.

I had one pair of Arborwear pants once. I found it amusing that their big advertising theme is centered around the extra heavy duty crotches that won't rip out. Well, for the first time in my life I had the crotch rip out in my pants, and it was those damn Arborwear. I won't waste my money on another pair.

Been wearing the same 5 pair since 2005. 6 days a week, climbing, cutting, fishing, hunting. They wear longer than ANY trousers I've ever owned. The cost is justified for the durability alone.

I've had two pairs of the tech pants for about three years. Only worn them each a few dozen times and they're in perfect shape. They feel much hotter to me here in Hawaii than my regular pants I wear. They're 32X32, if anybody wears this size make a reasonable offer and I'll sell 'em. Hardly wear them anymore....

jp:D

$64.95 at treestuff.com, best price out there :)

I use therm for everyday wear, too.
To me they are cheap, because I buy them in the US.
Clothes are horribly expensive here a pair of 501 Levis cost about $120.
So whenever I go to the states, I bring old worn out stuff with me and fill up on new stuff to take home instead.
Damn near pays for the airfare.

do you get paid enough to bleed Fiona? ;)
once i hit 200 per hour( and I'm close ;) ), maybe then I will bleed :)

Nobody does...I'm just talking about those silky holes...they leak a little red stuff and the tech pants sop it up pretty good!

As to cost, that's why I only have one pair...but by gum, they are worth every penny!

you know that pointy side of the silky Fiona????, stay away from it :)

problem solved little lady ;)

you know that pointy side of the silky Fiona????, stay away from it :)

problem solved little lady ;)

Ar..har...har!!
Got a new blade comin' soon, going to have to readjust from the dull one I've been using...better put some bandaids in my pocket...

Well I ordered a pair of techs the other day, im down to one pair of arborwears left. All of my other pairs (regular pants) get holes right where the crotch are. Im hoping these will be better!

Ya'll are getting my brain ticking.

I just can't get over the price tag. That's alot of Walmart Dickies!

Dude, One pair is on it's 4th year.
I've gaffed into mine at the cuff, never ripped farther.

Well worth the cash.

I love mine, the khaki's and I gotta new pair of green ones I'm saving.

Back