arbormaster training

1BUS

TreeHouser
Has anyone taken any of their training classes, or know someone who has, I'm wondering if they're worth looking into.

Nick, can you get that in a digital format? I would be interested if you are offering to everyone....

1BUS, I took several one day courses put on by Arbor Master several years back and they were great. I would love to have the chance to attend a longer hands on training session with them.

When I was getting started 9 years ago (Junior in Highschool) I thought about taking the classes. At that point I didn't want to spend the money and get stuck in a class full of mouth breathers (haven't a clue if that would be the case) so I didn't take them. I bought quite a few books and spent a great amount of time on this and other forums learning all I could.

In hindsight, I do not regret that decision.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yes I would Nick, I have Jerry B's videos and a few of his books and the art and science book/video plus a few others, I guess I'm wonder about the hands on and seeing some different techniques first hand.

I have gone to a couple sessions in the states, thought they were very good. Dwayne Neustaeter I have known since I moved to ND. He is one of the 2 people who beat me at the 2 TCC's I competed in in the Prairie Chapter.

I'll be taking an Arb Canada course at the end of Oct. in Vancouver. Technical felling...should be good. It would be nice to have Dwayne as the instructor again as he and I seem to get along well, but I'm not counting on it. I'd like to keep it on my horizon to do one course a year, purely for the heck of it. It is a great way to network, add a few tricks to the bag and rejuvenate the passion. Not in Canmore, Willard??

Dave I havent forgotten about you. I found my book now its just a matter of getting it digitized.

Looking at it though, which I must never have in detail, its kindof laughable. Probly isnt anything in there you or any of us dont already know.

Pat, Eric, I will get it to you guys as well. If nothing else it might be a training reference for new workers. I dont think there is anything that Jeff hasnt covered in his Climbers Companion.

Thanks Nick. It's always interesting to read tree stuff. I usually cycle through all my books and every time I pick up something new.

Has anyone taken any of their training classes, or know someone who has, I'm wondering if they're worth looking into.

I took their courses 10 plus years ago and like MB says if you can afford it go. I did look into their technical rigging course and 3 days was way too long. Some of the people taking the course have never had spurs on. Dwayne has a wealth of knowledge for sure he can talk!

Back