anyone run a 339 Husky?

Cold Logging

TreeHouser
I got one used this week. I like how its set up. But it does have some oddities about it. . Oh I hate primer bulbs!!!!!!!
They just create another potential fuel system problem.

Good luck with it but I'll be surprised if it holds up over time. The 335s were horrible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I get a year out of a saw I figure it paid for itself well and good. . I'm so used to going thru 2 new powerheads a season that I figure a new used saw like this is a good one to see if I like them enough to buy one new.

I think the 339 is also an evolution of the 333, which is probably the Asian edition of the 335. I eventually screwed up my 333 by thinking that I knew better than the people that said that you can't modify a clamshell design. The oil pump shaft broke once and there were other issues. I got pretty good at completely tearing it down, which is required to do just about anything on the saw. Have to question why they design saws like that. It was light and ok for small limbing. The 333 didn't have a bulb, easy enough to start without one. Probably some EPA carb thing why bulbs are now required. Not a fan of them either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The 339 is just a pistol grip 338 . The one I have has a floating rim drive sprocket. Which the 338 I ran all last season did not. . It is a nice saw for the way I use a saw in a tree. The top handle just doesn't feel right to me. This one gives me 8-10" more reach and seems to handle the 16" bar it came with OK.

Back