Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

It works GREAT for keeping the system aligned but, it's more clutter.....

The white plastic on the 'biner is some PEX tubing that I custom cut to fit on the side of the 'biner.

I hope not "stuck" as "stuck in a tree right now" .... want us to call 911 for you? ;)

I remove the leather tender from the biner when stowed away, and have applied a little saddle soap to keep it a bit more pliable and to keep the eyes from opening up too much.

I hope not "stuck" as "stuck in a tree right now" .... want us to call 911 for you? ;)

I remove the leather tender from the biner when stowed away, and have applied a little saddle soap to keep it a bit more pliable and to keep the eyes from opening up too much.

Haha..... yes call 911, I definitely need help. :|:

No, what I have works great. But it's a lot of "clutter" to deal with if I have to remove the 'biner from the HH, which I almost never do.

I like the look of what you've made there, looks like it functions really good and keeps things "in line" without having a lot of "clutter". :thumbup: ;)

Hi Bermy. As far as design features go, the HH ticks all the boxes for me.
I have never been 100% satisfied with it until I recently started climbing on Cougar Blue with Armor Pruss.
Now the whole thing is just a dream in both ascent and descent.
The only comparison I make is with a ZK1 on SRWP.

...wondering if I am the first to use HH for rooftop snow removal .... Short length with HH , attached to block on a skyline between two Maples.

I thought I once read a post by ColdLogging in which he described using his HitchHiker in the brutal cold, and it performed like a champ, I thought he said.

Here's a link to the first time he mentioned doing so in a thread. It took me awhile to find it using the search tools on this forum. Thanks, Sean, for giving him a quick answer.

Go to Post #452.

https://www.masterblasterhome.com/s...-Rope-Wrench-or-Hitch-Hiker-users-here/page46

The effort paid off in that I just found out about a capability of the search tools that I didn't know existed, which was the ability to search within one particular thread for a search term, which is what allowed me to find it within a thread of more than 100 pages.

Tim

... Proof , ain't nothing' original ... All been done before .... At least I avoid the Ambulance and Emergency Room my way. Ropes Good , Ladders Bad.

I'm in the same club Fi I've seen the RW I've seen the singing tree rope runner and I haven't been on a single one cuz I love the hitchhiker. I found the leather to work a dream for keeping the oxan straight. Dave I put a metal roof on a A frame the HH was perfect for it!

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

...working on a ladder below the load ... Many morons go to hospital this way...reminds of the YouTube video of same people cutting branches on a ladder ... Hello 911

I took a tumble when I worked at bears crossing as a kid bounced of three different levels was no fun. You see the snow rake Vid I posted via fb?

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

That didn't sound right.....I didn't use my HH to shovel my roof, I used it to keep me from sliding off the roof while I shoveled it..... :|:

Lot of people go to hospital shoveling roofs , many times the fall is harmless into piles of snow sometimes a hard surface. Using the HH for access , egress , and work positioning. Rigged a skyline.

Hi there, here's the little variation to the HH...before and after!!!

Attachments

• DSC09757.jpg
    DSC09757.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC09762.jpg
    DSC09762.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
...same as last mod... Like I say , nice of you to keep an eye this thread. Seems the advance should be from the top end of the oval Carabiner.

I have to say most likely works fine for accent with pantin and knee accender as those pull rope through. But does nothing for the beaner rolling, which I see is where I/we want to be.

Ever since I went to a loose tether I've had no issues with the biner turning. It slides up and pulls from the top everytime. Also with a tight tether if it happens to slide down the spine a little it stays there and causes the biner to turn.

I'm still experimenting...however, yes...it's useless for tending as you guys say, but I'm trying several solutions as I'm not tending the HH with a neck bungee but with a Petzl voltige chest harness, so it's also nice to hook it in the hole I created on the back spine of the HH when you feel like your shoulders need a rest. Also trying out other things like the HC pulley put in the following way: HH biner into the lower hole so it won't touch the HH ever, and the other two for chest harness and the bridge of your saddle so that the extra welded hole will be good for the haas knee ascender...Don't know yet...

Also not too bad is using a shackle instead of the steel carabiner for the steadiness problem...

My HH pulley set up with pinto and 2 DMM X small bat plates....note, had to sand inside of pinto to fit, pinto will not be used for life support

Back