A New Tree Biology & Dictionary - Shigo

The teacher from the former East Germany who stayed with us the past two weeks was listening to me speak with a customer on the phone and afterwards asked about what I called "topping". She was distressed to find out that the Baumkletterer (tree trimmer) that worked on their trees had 'topped' them.
I hauled out a load of hand-written notes from the early times I had heard Shigo speak and photo-copied them for her along with some of the brochures and pamphlets we give to customers. She was going to forward them on to the local tree man in the hopes they will sway his approach to tree care.
I also pulled up the amazon.de (German) website and showed her the German language versions of Shigo's books.

Reading Shigo is the best investment for any arborist after an understanding spouse, and good running chipper, truck and saws, in that order ;)

Reading Shigo is the best investment for any arborist after an understanding spouse, and good running chipper, truck and saws, in that order ;)
Mmmm I'd put a few items after the spouse, but 26 years later much of ANTB is still current--and a good basis for knowing trees.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would love to get them (as the Gerry's DVD).
I tried many times to buy those books at Amazon ( either the french or US one), but for some reasons, since maybe two years, the buying validation is lost somewhere in the process, each time. An other curious point, I can't load any pic from Amazon and the actualized windows (bucket, lurking history...) are continuously loading datas, with no results.:X
I wonder what's wrong.

Oops, I'm building an other derail. Sorry.

Oh yes, I have some, from my climbing's beginnings between 4 to 5 years ago. Many master pieces for me.
For the "in English" books :
The Fundamentals of general tree work
Professional timber falling
The Tree climber's companion
An illustrated guide to pruning
The art and science of practical rigging
Fungal strategies of wood decay in trees (a German book)

Back