A master of metal forming techniques

gf beranek

Old Schooler
This video is just the start of a long series. It may interest you, and it may not. But the guy is a master of metal forming techniques. If it interests you at all then you're in store for a real treat. The shear precision level that this man works at is fascinating, and all old school.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/omRlIBONJAM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A bead roller and an English wheel are on my wish list.... for now I have to put up with a sand bag to make any curves....

There is a guy here that does some pretty amazing sculptures in stainless. I've wondered how he makes his curves. It must be with a wheel like in the vid.

As Jesse James said, "That thing is really good at making blood shoot out from under your fingernails."

That is fascinating, I will be watching more of those, thanks.

Might have to add a wheel to my sheet metal workshop.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The following vids of this man forming metal to such exact tolerances by hand is simply amazing. And he talks his way through each step of the process so damn well. That man is truly talented.

Though I don't think I will ever get into such methods of forming metal, it is nonetheless enjoyable to watch a real pro at work.

Back