A Little Firewood Race !!

dastevoe

Wood Hacker
Here is a test of a good woods ported saw !!! Looks like a Dolmar.

Steve

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g8-aFLiivHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So all I have to do is tell these guys i'm having a contest at my wood yard and they will come and cut it for me? Well, i'm also having a splitting contest next year, all are welcome!

They are welcome here too.

During the logging show on Labor Day weekends they use to have a similar contest. Cut, split, stack one cord. 3 men. Each piece of split wood had to be 16 inches and fit through a 5 inch hole.

Winning times were around 8 minutes. The 3 contestants on each team could switch what they did. As the guy swinging the maul would tire the quickest and generally switch over to running the saw. Fun to watch good team effort.

Yes I agree .Cutting 8 by 8's is cool and although I'm not good at it I enjoy it .However a contest like this is more true to form of what a chainsaw or a sawyer does other than cutting square timbers .

More true but much more hard for the back.
Heavy loads, body bent at right angle, throwing the rounds like a standing jump (without momentum), and all that without a relaxing phase in the movement.
It's a killer.

I never seen anything like that.8) It would be a neat way to cut logs for firewood as long as you were not trying to beat a stop watch or another team.

Back