660 Is A Heavy Booger

Willie, I finally took Al's advise and put a D handle on one after Rob about broke his finger starting my original (regular comp) 066. Made life ton's easier... But I hear ya mang

D handle... interesting idea. Is that jury rigged or do they make them for saws??

I am not big on mod. saws now. Just quiet and smooth. That said, dual port muff. with a foam air cleaner really makes a big difference. The biggest thing is the cutter chain which seems to take decades to get right.

So true. People see a saw ripping and ask, wow, what kind of saw is that??? They don't realize it is mostly the chain, not the saw.

D handles can be bought from snowmobile shops or some of the rescue saws for fire fighters have them.
Useless on a work saw, they flop around and get snagged on everything. Those early non decomp 066's were from the era when men were men ha ha.
Any one who buys one of these saws new had damn well better get used to it as we had no other choice.

Like most jobs it took me about 10 years at 8 hrs a day 5 days a week to get "real" good at running a saw and get really good at filing the chain.

No "Jerry" rigging to it. Put a knot in your starter cord and insert. I liked this one, it's comfy and is holding up nicely
https://www.doitbest.com/products/start-me-up-starter-handle?q=%22start+me+up+starter+handle+%22
detail.jpg

To add to my last post here's my D handle on my homemade bike saw.
On this saw it's a must, to get her to start instantly on the word "GO":D

hotsaw 009.jpg

Back