440 flooding...

• Thread starter Blinky
  • Start date
  • Replies 43
  • Views 6K
Oh well it was just a WAG. Dont have any newer stihls around anymore to look at.

Nope that was me you sold the 440 to. The weak one you claimed. My groundie loves it

I'm looking for a weak 044 12mm one or a 440 for a project saw. Just want to compare them to my 362xp 365 special 372 fleet of saws for kicks over the winter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tucker, I bought it new about 8 years ago, it's been my #1 saw the whole time, I don't have anything bigger but I can use a friend's 3120 whenever I need it.
I love this saw, it's made a lot of money for me. Right now I'm running it with an 18" bar and an 8 ring so it flys through wood.

A lot of people use saws in the 70 cc range .They are relatively light and have ample power for just about anything .

It seems like a whole lot of saw with an 18 inch bar. I wouldn't normally think of that combo myself, say 50 something cc range max with an 18" bar. Different strokes.... I think Carl likes a short bar on his 880.

The 18" came off my 029 that bit the dust, brand new Windsor bar so I put it on the 440 and went up a tooth on the gear just to see what it would do. The thing really burns through wood, it's kinda fun. The 28" will go back on today or tomorrow for a removal.

I'm not sure if I said thanks to you guys for the help so... thanks! I can't live without this saw.

I'm looking for a weak 044 12mm one or a 440 for a project saw. Just want to compare them to my 362xp 365 special 372 fleet of saws for kicks over the winter.

Gotta have those projects !!!! I have a 385xp,266xp,044,026 in need of an "extreme" makeover and a 2100 that I just got put together and running. I'm going to play with the 2100 a bit then I have to decide which to start on next & how far to try to take it (them):crazyeyes:
Hey Kev,you should jump into the 3 cube "build" over yonder,you probably have a couple tucked away for a snowy day:coldcold:

Steve

Throw the old bugger away and buy a new one! It JUST a friggin' tool that probably owes you nothin'! :P

My saws make nice big chips... hell, I'm the Michael Jordan of chain sharpening. :roll:

Back