40 meter Cedar removal utilizing as zip line.

Jake Andrews

TreeHouser
We did this job just before Christmas. The house is around 200 years old and underneath the tree is a 2 meter high wall dating back to the same era, this is why we utilised a zip line. Hope you enjoy.8)

Yep.
Editing the two different climber's view of it together really makes it special.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ahhhhhhhh you noticed the non OZ look. I moved back to the UK in July and have started subbing myself out. 2 climbers was a massive luxury, because we both use srt we had one slinging who was redirected away from the trunk. The other climber stayed close to the trunk and did the cutting. The top was done with 2 zip lines alternating between climbers.

One day all the people who've worked in different countries will list the differences they've noticed in tree work, attitudes etc.

I'll start a thread.

It was in a sorry state alright Jed. As you can see from the vid, it had lost around half of its crown during a storm but the wound was only 8metres from the ground. It was nice having 2 climbers and pushing each other. Also SENA headsets really paid off on this job for communication.

Cheers Rich,Things have been mega hectic here since moving back to the u.k from O.Z. a lot of my spare time has been taken up with other things but iv finally been able to have a chill out with the wife and kids. Things are looking good for the new year. Its good to be back.

Back