064 stihl

I'm very happy with my old 064, and have been for some years. It is all a big saw should be.

Only potential fly in the ointment might be the electrics. Parts availability are an issue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So since i got the 064 in trade ive torn into it to do some cleaning and inspecting few things need replacing overall happy with the trade.
Message_1459382739136.jpg
Well since i traded i had some money to burn so i bought an 084 with a 46 in bar and two 36 for 500. Runs great. Couldnt resist.
20150924_173410.jpg
No more double cuts for felling any more i got em in every size now by golly yeeeeee!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Since the 064 Is done, what are thoughts on the 084?

Not understanding that 064 is back together working on full wrap mounting the brake handle for full is non existent (discontinued). But im going to try to heat it up and modify it to work..still missing some carb stuff waiting on parts...but looking nice the 084 is good to go. Took it out early in the day im happy with it it cheews cheeews through wood like gary said a freight train
1459474260604-1117205663.jpg 1459474260604-1117205663.jpg

It is the last 90 cc Stihl that was made without having to work around environmental issues.
Probably got a better power to weight ratio than anything made since.
Dolmar 7900.

Hrmmm i must be a collector who works his collection seems like all my saws are that era. They take awhile to die and rebuilding is easy ive rejugged a few....just never seen a 064. Im leaning towards a 66 grunt though.
An 066 top end is an easy swap.

Not understanding that 064 is back together working on full wrap mounting the brake handle for full is non existent (discontinued). But im going to try to heat it up and modify it to work..still missing some carb stuff waiting on parts...but looking nice the 084 is good to go. Took it out early in the day im happy with it it cheews cheeews through wood like gary said a freight train.
I modified my handle and made it into a 3/4 wrap that will clear the brake handle, but I believe the 660 3/4 wrap is the right angle to clear, as well. Here's a pic showing mine on the left and the stock 3/4 wrap on the right. Pretty easy to see why the wrap handle won't work worth the non-wrap brake handle.

image.jpg

Back