vermeer 630 b stump grinder

thattreeguy

TreeHouser
the 30 hp wisconsin gas motor

the one in the tree trader.....at alexander equipment co in lisle il

1996 630 b 744 hrs....$6900.00

any thoughts on the machine as a model, good -bad ?

this company?

i lose a lot of stumps that are just a bit out of range for my 1625,
and i dont want some monster, i specialize in small places

any thoughts tree family?

I'd rather have a self propelled machine, like the RG50. It would likely cost more than $7k, but it's a lot more machine.

Alexander Equipment is a great company, and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I am not familiar with the 630 b, but if it anything like the 665b that I have, then you will like it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i think a small tow behind would be great for 3 to 4 ft dia stumps,
i just lose too many jobs because i contract out the stumps, id like it all in house,
theres 3 outfits with big grinders,
i want small, something i can back into a yard with a mini or toyota
the 1625's ok, but eventually i'll upgrade, for now, ive got a budget to work in, new motor coming for the 1625 this summer

thanks for the replies,
steve you still have yours?

Wouldn't a machine like an RG50 do more than a 1625 or a 630B. The 630 doesn't have much more power than the 1625.

yeah carl it would be nice to have an rg 50
but theyre a touch out of my price range even a pos is 15 grand, nice in the 20's
just cant justify it now,
i know its only a 5hp difference, but wouldnt it cut a little faster than the 1625 that i have now?

If you have alot of stumps to do, and you buy a little up out of your price range, you will be better off with the bigger machine making more money for you as well as paying for itself. If you don't have that many stumps to do, then better to be conservative and go smaller because you don't need the higher productivity as much.

I'd sell my RG50 for $12k with the trailer, fwiw. I wouldn't spend $7k to step up that little bit, especially on a tow behind.

Agreed, why get a tow behind unless it is a big one with alot more hp and chip capacity than a self propelled.

You want tight place access?

A tow behind? Hard to get in the backyard of something without taking the gate down.
I'm along the same lines, self propelled is the way to go.

I'm trying to look for a little superjr.

I would stay away from the wisconsin unless you can get parts for it around there, they are great when they are running but nobody around here wants to work on them or stock parts - I would jump from a kohler right to a diesel.

Mine is a 65 hp diesel. Haven't used it for a year. Someone stole the battery out of it and I just haven't had any large removals. Also now that my little unit has a third more horsepower and the greenteeth I don't need to break it out so often. If you are interested Dave I would be willing to lend mine to you for a while and you can see if it would work for you.

Mine is a 65 hp diesel. Haven't used it for a year. Someone stole the battery out of it and I just haven't had any large removals. Also now that my little unit has a third more horsepower and the greenteeth I don't need to break it out so often. If you are interested Dave I would be willing to lend mine to you for a while and you can see if it would work for you.

what model steve?........id like to see how it does on fir and madrone, and how it treats the truck it s attached to

You won't get a more generous offer than that, Dave.

We might have to start calling Steve, niceguySteve!

well i do believe id like to take you up on that, i must explain to the wife first,
she's already bent that im going to redding to pick up a man cab chip truck,
and wants me to justify its cost.....arrrggghhhh reason...i hate reason

Back