Tree felling vids

Man! Those are some tall fricking trees!!!

It has a mix. The ones we are using as gin poles were topped out at 100 feet and the re deduced to where we ha 12" of wood to hang the block on.the tree Mike was using, the block is set at darn near 100 feet.
Been some 60 and 70 footers in there as well. I was at 75 with the go pro.
Kind of the same bid situation here on this one August. I bid it high and just no one wanted to do it. Thinking job..

Fish eye lens Camera resolution and my small phone make it pretty hard to tell what's going on Stephen. I will have to watch that one on my computer later.

Yup... had another one like that friday. Yes, I said 10 k. But you're welcome to call your neighbor timber faller or this logging out fit and see how cheaper it might be.
Cleaning up a lop and scatter might about cost The same I am thinking....lol

We just scored a 54" DBH pondo with a failure. Owner said you gave me hope, I thought no one would touch it. I told him it's a rare tree that can't be done, just takes money.

you guys are inspiring..
I just did a 7,700 job for two trees, one big tulip laid into another, lifting its root plate slightly... then both of them locked up into 3 other tulips.. average height around 115'... I thought the price was high at the time, but ended up thinking it was a good number for both client and contractor.. probably could have gone another 2,700... will next time...

Attachments

• big tulip leaner.jpg
    big tulip leaner.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 80
Video is a luxury.. Certain jobs seem made for it and would be a shame to miss the opportunity.. this one was a spur of the moment weekend job. When the client called I was only 2 miles away finishing up another job. I was on site in 30 minutes for the estimate and the 2 trees were topped and guyed back to where I could finish with the bucket, by days end. They were real concerned because the whole thing was leaning right towards the neighbor's garage..Jeremy Olsen did the climbing. Only afterwards to admit that he was a little intimidated by the tree, when he first saw it..

SO then I decided to bring the video camera for day 2 only have the battery die, just before the shot I was hoping to show... Jeremy left saying I'd like to see how you are going to get that done from the bucket... Told him I had a few tricks up my sleeve.. Got a lot of nice stills and some phone vid, but this one wasn't meant to be.. Kind of job to be thankful for just that nothing went wrong...

rigging scenario from yesterday.. maybe 30' of tulip top.. tree coming down because structural issues in main stem.... set up and cut from the bucket.. tripped with a pull line

One mistake.. the notch should have been a little wider.. I had to go in a fix it and take a little more of the hinge outwith the back cut before they could trip it ... It looks like there is a slight bypass in the face, but its just a shadow...

Attachments

• tulup top rig.jpg
    tulup top rig.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 72
how about this one... same job takingt he top out of a tall maple wit this funny bend at about 40' (leaner to the left in this pic)....thing was waggling all over the place in the lightest little breeze... used the bug tulip in the middle as a redirect to put the vector angle in line with the wood axis and add some more line in the system for energy absorption. That one had me seriously concerned.. my groundy said wait for the crane... lot of front lean, more than it looks in the picture... bucket was maxed. I plunged the back cut and it let go before I could cut the back strap.. Just ripped the strap in two...

Attachments

• maple top rig system.jpg
    maple top rig system.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 49
That was pretty damn cool! Fine work with the camera, too...keeping the top in the picture. Looked like a smooth, non-violent arcing catch to me.

Back