Old Mixed Gas

Consider 2 stroke to be fuel injector cleaner. :) I think that most of the 2 cycle oil I buy has fuel stabilizer in it.- The old blue bucket sets a lot and the fuel cans on it sometimes don't get used up for a couple of months-no issues. I even have let saws set out of the rotation for several months without a problem.......but I have seen some gummed up carbs in my time so I don't like pushing it.

Your engine would do fine on straight 2 stroke. I would worry about the catalytic convertor though. 1 gallon of 2 stroke to 19 straight gas would give you a ratio of 1000 to 1. Good to go.

Most car companies consider a fairly sizeable consumption of motor oil to be acceptable. I think it is 1 quart to 3000 miles. If you get 25 miles to the gallon that figures out to you are burning oil at the ratio of 480 to 1.

Your engine would do fine on straight 2 stroke. I would worry about the catalytic convertor though. 1 gallon of 2 stroke to 19 straight gas would give you a ratio of 1000 to 1. Good to go.

Most car companies consider a fairly sizeable consumption of motor oil to be acceptable. I think it is 1 quart to 3000 miles. If you get 25 miles to the gallon that figures out to you are burning oil at the ratio of 480 to 1.

That's true... but the oil comes from ring blow-by and worn valve guides. It's not coming through the injectors.

Again... not to worry you Butch... it's just what I do with my unused old premix. If you've been doing it for quite some time, it's probably fine. The catalytic converter was brought up. I never even thought of those.

Gary

Does your truck have fuel injection?

Never even thought about that. Used too OEM. But couldnt get the tune port to work off the IROC motor so put a 4bbl on it.

Still works fine in all the riding mowers too.

Listen to B. Any man with a stache that righteous has to know. (sorry B but the soup strainer is pretty bad ass)

Is this where I should piss y'all off by saying that for those of us who run alkylate, fuel getting too old simply doesn't happen:D

Butch dump it in and don't give it a second thought. Ive run brand new SUV's on saw gas. Ive run trucks on it, old and new. Everything Ive ever owned has eaten a meal of saw gas at some point. Absolutely not a single thing happens. You don't smell the difference, you don't feel any difference, your vehicle doesn't even know its there. Don't over think it. That oil is so diluted in a trucks fuel tank that anyone that says its harmful isn't thinking clearly because you burn that much engine oil in a tank of gas. Wont plug your cat, wont even be a blip on the radar for your injectors.

I wouldn't lie about something as expensive as an engine. Ive done it maaaaaaaaaaaany times. I'll do it tomorrow I bet.

In the busy season, fresh every other day. In the winter, much longer. I still feel its fine in a month though. Havent had any problems ever with month old gas.

There was guy on AS .Kind of a smart ass who had a fishing camp in Ont .They had a Chevy pick up at the camp they bought new with fuel injection they ran on 50 to 1 boat gas .The entire time since it was brand new .No problems .

Back