What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

ha, there is a small bottle of his fave in the fridge, expressed this morning after a light feed....

hahaha bacon lettuce tomato is a salad? :D its a start RJS, thats true.

I am sad to say that I tried a veggie burger at burger king this spring, they are pretty decent.

My lovely wife made lasagna, salad with hearts of palm and avacadoes, garlic bread, and home-made carrot cake for dessert. Yummmmm!!!!! :|:

chicken cacciatore over macaroni noodles and a bit of garlic toast. from scratch, yup, I made it, whilest babysitting the little one as Wife was out teaching little kids to ride horses, making a few bucks. :)

Y'all ate good tonight... we had leftovers from the last couple nights. I had some prep left from stir fry last night (spicy beef and broccoli) and some creamed chicken. Just made some more rice and made dinner.. :D
And I have no idea what I am doing tomorrow... Maybe the momma will cook some. ;)
Daddy here is a bit wore out ;)

Chili, rice, and corn bread tonight. Really hit the spot.

I experimented with a dessert recipe tonight. The original recipe calls for a fancy fluted pan, luckily I just found one at the local Goodwill! The crust that forms along the edge is the best part, so I thought if I put it in mini-muffins it would have more 'edges' per bite. Halved the recipe and tried it today, worked GREAT!

Scandinavian Almond Cake Recipe
½ original recipe, for 2 dozen mini-muffins

Spray pan with Pam or cooking spray.
Beat well: 3/4 c sugar, 2T mixed egg, 3/4 tsp pure almond ext, 1/3 c milk
Add: 5/8 c flour, 1/4 teaspoon bp
Add: 1/2 stick melted marg or butter
Mix well, scant Tbls in each mini-muffin Bake at 350° for ~20 minutes.
Edges must be golden brown.
Cool in pan before removing. Cake will break if removed too soon.
Invert and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
Variation: Before pouring batter into pan, sprinkle sliced almonds on bottom.

In case anyone has one of those fancy fluted pans:

Scandinavian Almond Cake Recipe

Spray pan with Pam or cooking spray.
Beat well: 1-1/2 c sugar, 1 egg, 1-1/2 tsp pure almond ext, 2/3 c milk
Add: 1-1/4 c flour, 1/2 teaspoon bp
Add: 1 stick melted marg or butter
Mix well. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes. Edges must be golden brown.
Cool in pan before removing. Cake will break if removed too soon.
Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Variation: Before pouring batter into pan, sprinkle sliced almonds on bottom.

Looks like Pizza tonight... Rob is making the dough, I made the sauce and Katy bought cheese and pepperoni. Hmmmm Maybe I can talk him into holding back some dough for Friday or Saturday as there should be some left over ham :D

HAH! Talk about timing, I was just hanging up the phone from ordering my pizza as I clicked on this thread and read your post. Mine will be ready in 25 minutes. :P

Haha, pizza here too! One with extra cheese and one Philly steak. Hmmm, maybe I'll add an order of mussels marinara... or calamari. :|:

pork ribs in the slow cooker, rice in the rice maker, greek salad in the bowl. :)

Cursed, who is Rob? Your chef?

Rob is my business partner and lives here also.. He cooks, I cook and Katy cooks... I am the official professional chef though :) We are like co-op living.. :) Includes the business and the property :)

It's in the oven as I type .Ham,scaloped 'taters and heaven only knows what else that woman is concocting .What ever it is it will be tastey .:)

Lawdy can that lady cook .If I ate half of it I would weigh 300 pounds .

Grilled pork loin, covered with BBQ sauce of honey, mustard and seasons. Dressing with cranberry, pineapple, carrots, onions, wally nuts. then steamed spinach.

DANG - I have a pie too. BUT have to make coffee for that .

COOL WHIP yummy