Off to camp/hike southern Nevada and Arizona

Burnham

Woods walker
We expect to leave in a few days, be gone until the first week in March, give or take.

Don't y'all get in too much trouble while I'm gone ;).

Have a good trip B. Can’t wait to see the pics as it will be quite a while till I can visit places like that myself.

Watch out for bears!! Beat him to it this time

Have fun, stay safe!! We're finally heading out for some fishing tomorrow, weather looks good for the coast, boat hasn't been in the water for TOO long!

Have a good one, both of you.

I'm not the slightest bit envious.
I'll much rather be working in the cold rain that seems to be our version of winter, now.

I'll much rather be working in the cold rain that seems to be our version of winter, now.

Do you get used to it after awhile? Or maybe dial your clothing/gear etc so it isn't as bad as it might be without evolution of ways to deal with the crappy weather?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is no good way to dress for rainy weather that is between 34 and 40 degrees F., ...just no good way. It's much "colder" than really freezing weather, snow or dry. Fleece or polypropylene, under wool, under waterproofs is your best bet, but you'll sweat up the under layers as soon as you do anything physical. Which will make you cold as soon as you slow down a bit.

Tough conditions.

Pretty much describes west side of the Cascades spring tree planting season :whine:. Glad to be retired from that task.

Do you get used to it after awhile? Or maybe dial your clothing/gear etc so it isn't as bad as it might be without evolution of ways to deal with the crappy weather?

Nope!
It is just misery day after day.
This has been the wettest " winter" in 33 years.
We get called of one logging job after the other, because they can't skid the logs out.
That fine fir job we did has been completely bogged down.
I talked to the skidder driver yesterday, he figured he'd have to winch the logs out individually on the slope, since he can't drive there without getting stuck.

One thing that helps is my hottub.
I sit in that and read the paper after work, that makes me feel better.

And heated handlebars, of course.
No way I'd be able to work without.

They've forecast frost for the next two weeks, we are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping it'll come through.

Yeah I can imaging heated handles and then the hot tub are key.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rolled in to the home place yesterday mid-afternoon. Got the water system charged up, water heater on line, wood stove cranking out the btu's. Today we're unpacking gear, washing clothes, packing stuff away for the next go.

No varmits got into the Jag engine bay this year, happily :).

We had a fine time...some wet, and some cool...but visited awesome places and got plenty of sunshine too.

I'll get to the pictures in the near future. Stay tuned :D.

Back