Burnham has some stuff to sell

Burnham

Woods walker
I've decided to cull my herd some. More gear than needed, what with not doing any more instruction, and very little treework.

I have a pair of Buckingham T2 Titanium spurs with 2 3/4 inch tree gaffs and caddie pads. These spurs are the pair I bought from Butch some years back. Very good condition. Butch replaced the foam padding on the caddies just before selling, and they are still good for some time more. I've decided that I like my old Bashlin Alcoas just a little bit better, mostly for nostalgia :). Currently a new set like this is about $430, I think. I'll sell for $225 plus shipping.

I have a magnificent example of the unusual Swiss Tree Grippers, aka bicycles. These are especially well suited to pruning palms. Elderly, for sure, but in excellent condition, very lightly used. Nothing to wear out, really. Forestry Suppliers, in Jackson, MS still sells these, and carries parts as well. A new pair from them is listed at about $2400. I have heard of some priced at nearer to $3k. I'll sell for $1200, plus shipping. These come with the 9 foot bands, so can handle up to 26 inch diameters.

I am offering two SMC six bar rappel racks...these are veterans of the storied first West Coast Getogether that Jerry Beranek ramrodded in redwood country. Very good condition, current new price is about $125. I will sell for $75 each, plus shipping. Will separate. Ignore the other items in this picture... the deaf 8's and baby grapple are not hardly worth the cost of shipping, I decided...but if you're really interested, let me know.

Attachments

• gear sale 005.jpg
    gear sale 005.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 208
  • gear sale 003.jpg
    gear sale 003.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 205
  • gear sale 002.jpg
    gear sale 002.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 204
  • gear sale 009.jpg
    gear sale 009.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 206
  • gear sale 007.jpg
    gear sale 007.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've barely scratched the surface with these few items, Butch. Maybe I will try some other items, depending on how this goes. I'm not getting rid of most of it, in any case. And never the saws, until I'm too old and weak to start them :).

Those racks bring back good memories.......

Would take one and the bucks if they are still around in a week or so. Visiting out of state wiped out serious funds.

Attachments

• Brian Rack.jpeg
    Brian Rack.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 178
Let me know when you're in position to talk, Stephen. I'm not opposed to holding the gaffs and a rack for you for a week...unless the bidding up gets serious :D.

The Swiss Bikes work just fine on any species so long as the bole is clean, Sean. You cannot pass limbs without major pain in the azz dismount/remount conniptions. So frequently hardwoods structure would be out of the question.

On the other hand, they offer unlimited positioning mobility (like spurs) if that is useful to your task, with no aesthetic damage or tree heath issues. Superbly comfortable work platform if you have to be on them for long periods of time, unlike gaffs generally can be.

They were often used for access to 5 needle pines (western white and sugar pines, mostly) in cone collection project work, due to the ease blister rust infections could result from spur wounds, usually causing mortality. Before SRT was well known. Before dirt was invented :).

For decades they have been the go to tool for palm access in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, Pacific Islands, and the subtropical US...most especially when aesthetics is a factor.

Working 26" and down conifer removals without spurs, up trunk and down the spar could save some wear and tear on a climber's body.

No need B. First come first serve. I am being hit over and over here with things breaking and personal stuff. I can no more depend of catching up than I can on a windfall. If someone puts up for it, it's theirs and meant to be.

Alrighty, Stephen. Let me know if and when...nothing doing so far.

Sean, you make a good point. You are close, really...if you want to give them a try, we could likely work something out.

I regrettably let my titanium caddy bucks go with my company. I kept a pair of steel Velcro wrap padded ones. Well because you never know.

And now I'm completely out of the game but I'm still drooling over those spurs. Lol.

Buy these, sell those old steel/velcro wrap pads...be happy, Justin! Won't really cost you all that much to trade back up, after you sell the ones you have.
:/:

OHHHH...a Tree Bike!!!!
I could use that in Bermuda for all the coconuts I do. How long typically did it take you to set it up for each tree? I only tried a Tree Bike once, about 12 years ago on a field day, didn't go up too high.
Bit short on readies a the moment so if someone really wants them NOW, I will concede.

To add,I would be down for the tree grippers if i can make a few installments $ and receive product after full payment is received. Possibly pick them up from ya at the medford meet up...let me kno!

Back