Arts Festival Crescent City July 3 & 4 ... Booth & Prints / Canvas

mdvaden

Treehouser
Going to try a booth at an arts festival in Crescent City. First time I've ever tried something like this. July 3rd and 4th.

The photo attached ... just arrived yesterday as a 16 inch x 48 inch print on canvas. The link below leads to larger 2200 pixel width version. The full size canvas retains all the detail.

IMAGE LINK > > > http://photos.imageevent.com/mdvaden/redwoods2/BP_Brdr_2200.jpg

There will be about 4 other kinds of prints on canvas, including the Smith River, Mill Creek and Jedediah Smith redwoods. Plus about twenty-five 11 x 14 prints with matted with backing in transparent sleeves.

Attachments

• BP_Brdr_1000.jpg
    BP_Brdr_1000.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, that's not far away. I hope we can make it. By the way, Mario, that's a fine shot of Battery Point. I remember it from the 1950s.

I was thankful for the chance to photograph it when those flowers were blooming.

Man ... 1950s ... took my first breath in 1959 ... lol

Another print on canvas for the art festival.

Ordered the 14 inch x 14 inch size.

Attachments

• Mill_1000mdv.jpg
    Mill_1000mdv.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 45
I made it to fit my desktop and did a small removal. ;)

Attachments

• WOODSattachmentZZ.jpg
    WOODSattachmentZZ.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 39
I made it to fit my desktop and did a small removal. ;)

That's awesome looking.

Now do you want that topless redhead photo where I did the mirror image? Oh ... guess its not wide enough for desktop ...

Is there a way to see your other work without traveling to Crescent City next weekend? And prices?

Good luck and enjoy your experience. My wife and I see a fair amount of local art and photography. I am always amazed at the heart and soul I see put into work, including yours.

Is there a way to see your other work without traveling to Crescent City next weekend? And prices?

Good luck and enjoy your experience. My wife and I see a fair amount of local art and photography. I am always amazed at the heart and soul I see put into work, including yours.

With the stuff I sell, which is not a huge variety yet, it seems the prints are best seen in person. I suppose some large files with SAMPLE could be emailed. But little images on a website seem to pale in comparison to 20 x 30 prints. Let me think about it. I do have something on a website. Maybe I can link to it later.

I just got a note from the Crescent Harbor Art Gallery, that this image just sold. A 20 x 30 print on canvas. It was actually one of the prints I was not going to bring for the Artist of the Month wall for June. But I decided at the last moment to include it.

Melkor_2_1200.jpg

Apparently this is the 2nd print on canvas which sold last month from the gallery. Sunset at the Crescent City harbor.

Harbor_Pano_Sample.jpg

Awesome!

I just had to make it fit my res...

don't hate me cuz I like fullscreen... ;)

Attachments

• Harbor_Pano_Sample.jpg
    Harbor_Pano_Sample.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 39
Looking through that album was a nice treat, Thanks.

That's a double redwood. (a co-dominant, in arborist lingo) The bark characteristics between the two trees are distinctly dissimilar. The tree on the right appears to be an older one. While the one on the left appears to be younger, and more vigorous. Such examples are not unusual in many species of trees, really

Now, as big trees measure up, I personally separate the champion 'single trunk trees' from the 'co-dominants' because a co-dominant tree can consist of two or more trees conjoined at the stump, but neither tree by itself could ever measure up to the girth of a big single trunk champion. But the co-dominant can take the record on a technicality because the number of trees in the group measure up to be much larger.

I feel a distinction between the two different types of trees should be made in qualifying a champion. Maybe there already is, but I haven't seen or heard of it yet.

There are second-growth redwood clumps here that are near 50 feet in diameter. But again that is a class all its own. Mario, maybe you and Chris found the largest double redwood on the coast!

Nonetheless it is a champion in its own class.

You can sure read a tree.

A few others have told me they think its a single. But variations you pointed out are the tree's story.

And that tree looks like its saying it was more than one trunk in its youth.

Here's a couple of champions Terri and I found in Prairie Creek, last year. They are within 50 yards of one another. Now, imagine these two trees being conjoined at the stump. That would really be something.

DSC04224r.jpg DSC04235 r.jpg

There are fine black strings hanging from high branches in both. Signature of S. Sillet.

Caught your other thread too about those two trees, and replied there.

RE the lines, likely Sillett's, but possibly also Spickler or a couple of others, who study salamanders, birds, etc..

Here's one more I got printed today for the art festival. The sea wall at Crescent City.

Sea_Wall_11mdv.jpg

I love it. the moments you record, Mario are beautiful. You have a natural talent. thank you for sharing.

Thank you, and have a nice week.

I'm out the door in about 2 hours to start migrating toward Crescent City. Will probably power-nap about 1am to 5am at the rest area near Collier tunnel, near the OR/CA border, and get breakfast in C.C. around 6am to 7am.

My truck is a packing-marvel this time. Will stop at Curly Redwood Lodge in the morning to see if a room is ready and unload a few boxes of prints.

Will be online the next few nights.

Oops ... almost forgot ... one more before I go ...

LM_Extreme_12mdv.jpg

Back