Wall of Shame: Wannabe Experts

Nah, a pro would've jumped off the ladder just before it hit the ground.

Just my opinion.
No way, Jose! You’re right about a great many things Gerry, but, I must respectfully disagree on this one. You can tell he practiced his ladder riding for a number of years to get so smooth. He goes from standing to crouching while holding the rung and back to standing just before impact. He does get a few points deducted for his butt touching the rungs at the end but flawless execution otherwise.

Gonna be an event at the next Olympics, just wait and see! 🤪🤣

You know what, phuk palms. I just don't like them and I don't have too. Climb it with spurs, use a ladder, I do not care, I'll not be bothered. They're just over ambitious grass after all, and that should be cut short, like 3inch max.

Likely.

Also, bad things can happen when the climber has to manage the job site with newbs.

It's important to go over the rigging plan, as well as going over the Plan B, such as if a piece breaks off before hinging, etc.

When John and I work together we go over the rigging plan for each cut. Where it’s going to go, if it will fit, where it needs to be tied, weight, where the climber will be, and what to do with the rigging line. 2 heads are better than 1. Some of the smaller and very basic situations don’t warrant extensive detailing though.

Please elaborate on your situation. What were the circumstances?
i can think of a few situations, annoying/dangerous when the rigging point is directly behind you and it is not possible to lower straight down. that is the situation where i had some mishaps… are there climbers who learned advanced rigging without making a couple mistakes on the way?

Back