Year end bonus ideas

Fruitbowl

Treehouser
Just trying to figure out what to give the guys for a year end bonus. Cash is always appreciated but I was thinking about doing something else this year. Maybe a nice work jacket or take them sky diving or buy them new work boots or new hydration packs???? What are your ideas or what have you received from a boss that made you feel really appreciated?

Cash is always welcomed, especially in the slow part of the year when paychecks are smaller anyway. One year at Davey the boss bought us all jackets. Very durable, well suited for work. I still have mine 12-13 years later (although it seems to have shrunk a bit). :P

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cash is always welcomed, especially in the slow part of the year when paychecks are smaller anyway. One year at Davey the boss bought us all jackets. Very durable, well suited for work. I still have mine 12-13 years later (although it seems to have shrunk a bit). :P

Old jackets often do shrink, especially after that many years!!

last year
i gave out lined carhart jackets
company name embroidered on one side , their name on the other

this year instead of the usual weak ass t shirts
i bought long sleeved dickies shirts, and a few pairs of pants
and gave them to my on call guys
so they dont have to wear their worst clothes to work
and we all look about the same

they liked it all

ive also done safeway gift cards, so they could pick up the holiday meal ,on me

cash is great but it's gone too quick

If you can give them something useful for working, it helps you, too. If you can give them something that isn't for working, as well, like a gift card or cash, it is selfless. Maybe a bit of both if feasible.

Lol, I'm giving my new guy my old echo tophandle. He does carving but has no saw. I hate that saw and it's in pretty much new condition too. So it all works out.

excellent! Sam Noonan used to do that, as he would replace stuff, the old stuff was given to the employees

A nice dinner with drink at a cool restaurant is fun too, and help arrange the transportation home if needed. Here, I'd take the guys to a hot spring inn, a place with good food. Everybody spends the night.

Back